Respected Contributor

I just turned on QVC and I see Amy and Lori discussing this top that has lace around the top and sleeves of lace. I heard Amy and Lori say it was ok to show your bra straps. I don't know about anyone else but I would never wear a top showing my bra straps. I guess I'm old fashioned or not up to date with fashion but that's ok.  Is that the new style of fashion or am I behind the time ??  I will stay with my way of thinking. What's your take on showing your bra straps ?    Just wondering Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I guess I'm not up to date on fashion either because I would never wear any top that showed my bra straps.  It would make me feel so uncomfortable. 

Valued Contributor

Re: A-628694 Logo top

[ Edited ]

I thought that top was adorable, and yes it's fine to show a bra strap, the actual solid part of the top comes way up, so nothing else shows.

It's a beautiful new take on fashion, in my opinion.  And it's also a mock lace neck top, very flattering.

And I loved most of Lori's new looks today!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't be comfortable showing my bra straps.

Respected Contributor

No different than a bra being semi visible from a summer shirt or blouse to me.  I wear tank tops all summer long and the bra strap always shows.  I typically wear black tanks, white or navy and usually have a bra to match.  

Respected Contributor

@ bmorechick  wrote: No different than a bra being semi visible from a summer shirt or blouse to me. I wear tank tops all summer long and the bra strap always shows. I typically wear black tanks, white or navy and usually have a bra to match. 

Of course I don't wear semi bra visible summer shirts or tank tops at my age of 73. But to each her own, no judgement here. Thanks for your response

Valued Contributor

I'm not showing my bra strap. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess you could wear a strapless bra or find a bra to match the color. I don't find this item very enticing.  Not my taste.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It wouldn't bother me   If you wore a black bra with the black top or wore something close to the other colors, you wouldn't even know it wasn't part of the shirt. 

Sarah Jessica Parker, years ago, on Sex & the City showed her bra in different ways frequently. This look has been around tor a long time. 

Could also wear a camisole or tank over bra too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

These days it is acceptable if your bra straps are showing.  Been that way for some time.  Absolutely not for me.  My old-school thought process says it is totally inappropriate, and who wants to see anyone's bra straps, and what reason would anyone have to want to show them anyway.  However, and it's a big however, I have the insight to understand that a younger me would probably think that it is perfectly A-okay.  50 years ago I wore halter tops that were basically two triangles of fabric tied around the back of my neck and across my back (no bra) and what we called hot pants,  short shorts before the dukes of hazard TV show changed the name to daisy dukes.