Super Contributor

8 Outfits for Transition '22 (cool weather)...

[ Edited ]

I think I mentioned earlier [on PBs] that, for the first time since the Purge (and, obviously, prior thereto haha), I felt I finally had a handle on transition wear. I'm not a big fan of jackets, shawls, vests...any two or three piece dressing. This year, I used the same strategy as I did for winter...I bought as few pieces as possible trying to find things that could be worn with pieces I already had in my closet and lived with it for the relatively short transition period in NC.

I also accepted that I'm not going to always love some of these transitional and third pieces, but that I could be content with a few fairly good choices to put together at least two outfits, and that I didn't have to necessarily love these pieces...functionality is good and has a place in my wardrobe.

Here are some outfits I wore during cool spring transition (we're finally moving into warmer weather with a few unseasonably hot days). Several of these outfits will work for cool fall transition (with a minor tweak here and there).  Some of these outfits have light weight base layers...

#1   Levi's cotton mid-weight jumpsuit (TJMaxx...bought last fall and worn a lot), Eileen Fisher espadrilles (Rack), old woven leather purse (beach boutique) 

#2   Tahari Sport (TJ...bought last fall and worn a lot last fall and winter), AG Harpers (Rack), Blowfish sneaks (Marshall's)

#3(a)  Old Theory ditsy floral navy silk (Nordy), Karen Kane navy skinny (thrift), old EF mules

#3(b) Close-up

#4  Tahari jacket (thrift), old Equipment "star" silk blouse (Rack), AG Harper, thrifted espadrilles

#5  Vintage flannel shirt (beach boutique), Rag & Bone joggers, pink and white stripe convertible Converse Chucks (Rack)

#6  Ted Baker appliqued cashmere, AG Harper, Franco Sarto snake print (Rack)

#7(a)   Lauren men's linen shirt (thrift), Pashmina shawl (thrift), AG Harper, EF mules

#7(b)  Color in Pashmina and shirt exact match

#8(a)   EF brown/white "tweed" linen blend sweater (Rack), Lauren brown/white blouse (thrift), AG Harper, EF mules, Sak straw bag...wore this last week 65-ish degrees

#8(b)  Example of using the EF sweater for warmer weather (I wore this the other day 75-ish degrees)...EF organic linen tank, AG Isabelle cropped/frayed, Bueno sandal, Sak.  Repeating from another post:  When the temps start rising, my inseams do, too, and a few hems are frayed.  And my pant legs get looser/wider.  That's the way, ah-ha ah-ha, I like it, ah-ha ah-ha!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...we'll be at the beach! 

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: 8 Outfits for Transition '22 (cool weather)...

[ Edited ]

I love the look of each and every outfit.  Pic#2 the sneakers are so adorable with that outfit.  You would be so much fun to go thrifting with. 

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF   You would make a great QVC fashion model!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

We're in transition weather here in NNJ, but only for a moment. Usually go quickly from winter to summer weather.

Love your looks. You know I am all about the thrifted scores.

Regular Contributor

@MacDuFF 

You could wear a burlap bag and make it look stylish. There is something about your posture that makes you look so "I got this." I'd be lying if I said I love every piece you wear. Somehow when you put them together they become chic.

Esteemed Contributor

This OP made my day!!!!  Always look at the weekly, but it is a bit above my level.

#1 - if I could solve the toileting issues, I would be on my way to steal it.  Love the shoes, love the bag and most of all love the belted waist ♥️

#3 - coming for the blouse too.   Gimme more little red flowers.

#8a - still trying to catch my breath.  The drape and color are outstanding.  So versatile.  The purse!  The blouse!

#8b - this too!

Thanks for posting.  Have fun at the beach.

Esteemed Contributor

#1 - love the jumpsuit. Looks great on you. 

#4 - oh that jacket is fabulous. I wear quite a bit of navy and white in the summer

# 7- love the color of that linen shirt and Pashmina. Oh la la! 

You are the discovery queen of great thrifting!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

So I have to ask, @MacDuFF ....when Handsome is snapping the pictures, is he saying "work it, work it, own it, own it"?  Because, you are!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF why don't you invite your new board "friend" down to where you live so you can take me shopping for my wardrobe?  I never thought I needed help, but KNOW I DO NOW.  You have style for days.

The thing I like the most about the way you put your pieces together is that if you lived in a city you'd fit right in.  This is the way many urban fashionistas dress.  Plus you don't dress your age.  You dress for body type and what pieces you like.

Black jumper just laying around, huh?  I want one.  As I used to say when I was a bit younger, girl you are "fly."  

That beautiful theory silk blouse and the detailing at the sleeve are wonderful.  I can't afford theory blouses anymore.  The price for their silk blouses have gone up exponentially.  What's your size.  If you ever find you don't want it anymore, I'll take it off your hands.

The blue suiting put together with the jacket and jeans and espadrilles is a wonderful look too.  I want that entire outfit.

Nice stylish shoes, but I can tell they are comfortable.  Comfortable doesn't have to mean dowdy.  You look great.  You always blow me away with your style.  I want one of each thank yer!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Ciao Bella:   Yes, exactly my thought! 

Would love to see MacDuff as a Q fashion model! 

Love all of these choices, and would wear every single one of them.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).