Contributor

8/7 TSV Poncho is way too long for Petites - looks ridiculous!

Why don't they offer items like today's TSV poncho in Petite sizes?  Host Sharon F. was completely overwhelmed by the poncho on Fashionably Early this morning and looked like she had wings to fly away with.  I love the poncho look but definitely will not be purchasing this TSV.  In general, most of the tops being currently offered on QVC are too long for petites. 

Respected Contributor

Re: 8/7 TSV Poncho is way too long for Petites - looks ridiculous!

I thought the TSV looked cute on Sharon in this photo. I have not seen it on-air.

sharonmarvelushtsv.jpg

Honored Contributor

I really like it. I think I am going to order it. I am only 5'4", but I usually wear some sort of a heel! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought she looked good... so did Nancy H, but I don't know how tall they are?

I liked when Courtney pointed out that it is belted, which can be worn in the back somehow.  That would trim it down a bit for those times when you don't want all of that fullness.

ETA: in the video, it looks longer but still OK... wish I knew their height.  Courtney has hers pulled so it is not as full in the front, from what I can tell.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

I agree with you it looks good here in your photo - but if you go to the video from this morning you will see that it is much longer.  The ends of the sleeves hang down below her knees.  They must alter the clothing for the promotional stll photos. 

Respected Contributor

@Gallo M wrote:

I agree with you it looks good here in your photo - but if you go to the video from this morning you will see that it is much longer.  The ends of the sleeves hang down below her knees.  They must alter the clothing for the promotional stll photos. 

I see what you are talking about. I was focusing on length in the front.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen anyone look good in that poncho...I briefly tuned in this morning and Sharon did look overwhelmed in it....

Aside of being very short...(me) I would not want all that fringe...I can see it getting tangled up when laundering it....

Respected Contributor

I thought Sharon looked cute in the poncho, she's petite but it did not overwhelm her at all.  It's a poncho, for heaven's sake.  It's supposed to be loose fit.  I'm 5'4" and  I have last year's version of that poncho, two of them.  When I wore them with my long slim skirts and tall boots, I belted them.  When I wore them with jeans, I didn't belt them.   A woman who knows fashion, knows how to make a look her own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sharon said this morning she is 5'2" tall.

I will bet my last dollar that poncho is clipped in the back to pull it in and make it less "flowing" which would then pull it up, making it shorter.  The one she had on this morning was much bigger on her than in this photo. 

Honored Contributor