Esteemed Contributor

I am so tired of this type of thread.  I don't care what you are willing to spend or not spend on an item or brand and I just don't understand why anyone would care what I am willing to spend or not spend.  Using Barefoot Dreams as an example some love it and are willing and able to purchase while others think it's overpriced junk.  That's the beauty of choices, we all have them, they are personal, and we are entitled to them without the "I would never spend that" or "I can't believe anyone would buy that".  

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's a matter of caring what others spend here, it is just expressing opinions.

That's all.

If someone enjoys buying things here or other places, they don't need to feel badly about others opinions at all.  That's what makes a forum interesting.It is just ladies discussingSmiley Happy

If someone doesn't like what I buy, I don't get insulted by them saying they would never buy that or wear that. You must like it enough to buy it so have the confidence not to be bothered by what other people like or don't like.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor
I agree with @mspatmac. It's one thing to express an opinion but another to be judgmental of others' choices.

Why not just say Logo has a $79 sweater that I wouldn't buy because [ for whatever reason if you want to share e.g. I don't think the material is worth it or I can find a better value locally or the style doesn't work for me or whatever]. Why the need to say "I don't see how anyone would spend that on a Logo sweater." That goes beyond what a poster would do for herself into a negative judgment about what others are choosing to do.

Respected Contributor

$78 is not expensive for a cardigan. Good quality clothing is far more than this. However, LOGO isn't quality made clothing! I stopped buying because EVERYTHING pilled like crazy. Her clothing WAY overpriced for what it is and, Lori drives me nuts!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I agree with @mspatmac. It's one thing to express an opinion but another to be judgmental of others' choices.

Why not just say Logo has a $79 sweater that I wouldn't buy because [ for whatever reason if you want to share e.g. I don't think the material is worth it or I can find a better value locally or the style doesn't work for me or whatever]. Why the need to say "I don't see how anyone would spend that on a Logo sweater." That goes beyond what a poster would do for herself into a negative judgment about what others are choosing to do.

Well said @Pearlee .

Valued Contributor

My husband has beef furloughed so I have to be careful.  I liked the cardigan however I have to make some more prudent choices.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, I never considered myself as having extravagant taste. But reading all of your remarks and how you only would buy much cheaper items, I guess I'm different. In my younger years, I bought cheap stuff and found out that you get what you pay for. Now that I'm retired, I tend to buy better items which means clothing at a higher cost. But, it lasts forever, fits me like a dream and I love getting compliments! $79 for a cardigan....I'll take it!! Woman Happy

Higher cost does not equal quality. The $120 Barefoot Dreams cardi I saw last night- made of nylon and viscose- is a joke. Ver cheap fabric. IMO L Rina, Barefoot Dreams and other Q brads are ridiculously over priced - all made with cheap fabric. I ordered one L Rinna item ONCE. It was paper thin- you could see through it. Returnes it that day, Never again.

but there are those of us who love the high quality of barefoot dreams......and some of us feel like it is worth every penny. that is why we have our collections!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Yep I am NOT shopping for clothes right now. I don't really need anything and since we are on reduced hours (and therefore reduced  pay) I am buying only things that I need and QVC items are not a need.

Honored Contributor

I thought the price of NYDJ was too high.

Valued Contributor

Modal is an expensive fabric. And at least it breathes. All this synthetic junk is awful. It doesn't let your skin breath and causes excessive sweating, or can anyway, it does not warm the body when it is meant to and it collects static electricity like crazy.