Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@lulu2 I sewed for many years too, I appreciate  the fact that you notice if the plaids are matched.  i have seen them unmatched on many items that would be beautiful if not for that, and they are also exoensive. Many people don't notice or don't care I think. I have thought of you many times during this storm, and pray that you get through it all safely.Heart

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

@lulu2 I sewed for many years too, I appreciate  the fact that you notice if the plaids are matched.  i have seen them unmatched on many items that would be beautiful if not for that, and they are also exoensive. Many people don't notice or don't care I think. I have thought of you many times during this storm, and pray that you get through it all safely.Heart

mm

Hi Mama Mia, one of my pet peeves is unmatched plaids, stripes and prints.  Yes, it takes more fabric, and yes it takes more time to match then, but it is so worth it. 

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.Heart  We will have a lot of rain and wind, but thankfully Joaquin will not be visiting us.

Honored Contributor

If I loved a skirt and the way it fit and feel I would pay that price.  I don't buy many clothes online though just for these reasons. I prefer seeing, touching, and trying things on first. Some acrylics and other fabrics feel scratchy on my skin and I can't determine that from TV or online descriptions. The quality of the fabric can make a big difference.