Valued Contributor

Here's the mini with the headband they sell.

Screenshot_20230328-113635_Chrome.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl79 wrote:

@ECBG of course, that was the first one I thought of. 

Looks like the designer used the sleeves for one of her dresses, and that ruffle thing on another. 

@SnowOwl79 

I got to watch that wedding in the cold hours of early morning breast feeding our first son and of course trying to figure out how I could get back to my weight.

DH and I had moved back after 5 years (he needed a big city since he was the first of computers).  We were in my Dad's and toxic stepmother's basement room (split foyer).  She complained about everything and made life miserable.  I was at a new school. nursing a baby with no friends.  You can't imagine what I stood up against until I closed that door.

Valued Contributor

Maybe this is for women who are with child? Or just want a baggy dress. It just hangs there.

Screenshot_20230328-064952_Chrome.jpg

Valued Contributor

@ECBG pure H-E-double hockey sticks to live in such an environment. My MIL was like that so thank goodness I never had to stay with them. How horrible for you. And with you having a baby, that's just evil, imo. 

After being married for seven years, she had pushed, and pushed, and pushed until one day when she opened her smart mouth, she wished she hadn't. I'm still not sure what all I said but I meant every word. I then invited her into the yard. She went home and never came back. I finally had peace.

Valued Contributor

Also about Princess Diana's dress, how did David and Elizabeth, or anyone who worked on that dress, not notice how badly that material wrinkled. When we open our packages we can tell if the garment is made of a wrinkly fabric. How did nobody see it. When I'm sewing I can tell if it's wrinkly. 

Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl79 

Good for you girl friend.  I had never had a nurturing mother and I thought I could change her!  Fat chance.  It took me years of glares over holiday dinners because I didn't fill HER guest's glasses, even Christmas.  She was and is a social climber.  (She gave good advise on life to her credit.).

My sons, her only GS, didn't even know where a clean towel was in her house!!!!

My dad passed from a rare brain cancer before he could divorce her.  I had Christmas 16 yrs. at home to our son's delight, and she is never invited.  I am done and we are happy.

She has lived by selling my family's antiques!!!

I am done.  Done.  Bar nothing.

Valued Contributor

@Queen of shop a woman and her grandmother hand sew the flowers and beading. They do beautiful work. While I wouldn't wear a short dress, I would wear some of the longer ones with a few tweaks. I really love the flowy bottom part on the long dress. Looks perfect for the beach.

The first dress sold for $6,000 last year.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SnowOwl79 

Good for you girl friend.  I had never had a nurturing mother and I thought I could change her!  Fat chance.  It took me years of glares over holiday dinners because I didn't fill HER guest's glasses, even Christmas.  She was and is a social climber.  (She gave good advise on life to her credit.).

My sons, her only GS, didn't even know where a clean towel was in her house!!!!

My dad passed from a rare brain cancer before he could divorce her.  I had Christmas 16 yrs. at home to our son's delight, and she is never invited.  I am done and we are happy.

She has lived by selling my family's antiques!!!

I am done.  Done.  Bar nothing.

@ECBG    I sympathize with you.   My mother even sided with my ex-husband who beat me, and ordered me around carrying a LOADED .45 handgun.    (And there's a lot more.)     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

I'm so sorry.  We call need peace.  Wishing you sunlight and happiness we have all fought for!

Respected Contributor

Maybe because I prefer traditional fashion including wedding dresses, combined with that I am not feeling well today which makes me a bit grouchy.....these dresses look to me like they are straight out of a scary movie.   Hehehe, except for Diana's dress that I think is lovely.