Honored Contributor

Re: 70's pantsuit - yay or nay?

It's Miss Scarlett and she's wearing the drapes.  Without the curtain rod!  For SHAME!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Yes to pantsuits, but nay to this one. I don't care for the print or the corset. The print is too large for me, and I'm not loving the color combinations. I think the print overwhelms her. I am impressed at how well it is made with the print being symmetrical in both garments. 

I had pantsuits in the past. Most were solid colors, but I did have one in a tiny black and green check print. I still have jackets and blazers to wear with trousers, but no matching pantsuits right now. 

Valued Contributor

Wouldn't wear it then and I was young and fashionable ( sometimes now I say I am an old hippie!)   I wouldn't wear it now.  The POP art of Peter Maxx and Yellow Submarine was great for me as a young impresionable teenager.  Now though...I would never buy those loud and busy patterns.  My dad was a bespoke (custom) tailor from Italy.  He told me but classic....not trendy.  Buy good quality and it will last forever.  Thank you dad......I have clothes from 40 years ago I still wear today !!  YUP.....of course not everyone stays the same size......Clothes were smaller then.Pretty sweaters.....not the l-o-n-g tops that are so ridiculous...... Just my opinion !!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a big print person.  I'd have to say NO to this for that reason only.  I don't mind some color but not with a lot busy print.  Otherwise, I like the leg lengthening long pant look.  

Every thing old is "new" again.  That's how fashion goes.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Diane Von Furstenberg 1970's pantsuit....

Vintage Diane Von Furstenberg Pant Suit / 1970s Graphic image 1

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Very ugly. I never wore pantsuits. I wore bell bottom jeans with cropped tops, hip-hugger bell bottoms with short tops, jumpsuits with flower patterns cuter than this one, platform shoes, flat sandals. Our leg bottoms were much wider. Also tighter at the knee. Those were the good ole days!

Respected Contributor

Hideous.

Honored Contributor

Back in the early 70's (between 1970 and 1974), I was living in LA - working for a brokerage firm.

During that time, I made a linen-blend fabric pantsuit ... giant black and white plaid - bell bottom pants.