Respected Contributor

Re: 70's pantsuit - yay or nay?

@jackthebear  OH NO! I didn't notice THAT before, but now that you pointed it out.... Smiley Sad   Unfortunate.

Contributor

In short and to the point...it is ugly.

Trusted Contributor

Vulgar & tasteless. Hellish print. Dated pants hem or leg line, however it might be termed. And corsets are appropriate undergarments, not part of suiting.  

All of it unflattering to the woman wearing it.

But that's just my opinion. If she feels good wearing it, then it's right for her. Opinions are not right or wrong. Just different. 

Trusted Contributor

I love it! I think it is pretty and I think the camisole adds a sexy touch softening it.

Honored Contributor

Normally, I like a lot of retro looking things but I really don't like this at all.  I did used to wear a lot of pantsuits back in the day and thought they were great fashion items.  They were versatile - you had the basic pieces and you just had to switch out the tops to wear underneath the jackets, and wear different accessories and you had a totally different outfit.  Dress the pantsuit up or down! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind the look of a pantsuit but in this case, the print is downright ugly and I've never cared for the corset look in clothing.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

"Stars" will wear anything to get noticed...even looking like a sample page of out-of-date wallpaper.  If I had her looks, I would even look good in Reynolds Wrap...she's adorable and has perfect genes thanks to her gorgeous parents.

Honored Contributor

My Mom was a fan of the Pant Suits all through the 70's.  This one would have been a no for her.  Not the open style of the jacket and what you can see but the suit itself.  I would say Nay to this one myself.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

well---not for me now---but I did wear that style minus the corset, as far as the pants and the wild crazy colors and patterns are concerned. Went to many concerts dressed similar----

Honored Contributor

I don't care for 70s fashion.  Once was enough.