Honored Contributor

I like this pantsuit Dakota Johnson wore Friday night at her new movie premiere.  She looks great with the corset underneath and hair in a ponytail.  What do you think of this look?

While attending the SXSW premiere of her new film Cha Cha Real Smooth, Dakota paired her printed separates in a groovy print with a mesh, Gucci-monogrammed corset underneath. The abstract floral pattern of the suit and its wide, flare-leg pants with a prominent gold zipper down the front recalled the free-spirited opulence of the seventies, while the sheerness of her lingerie-inspired bodysuit (not to mention, the tiny cutout featured at the chest) were decidedly of the moment.

Dakota Johnson SXSW '70s Pantsuit

Honored Contributor

Re: 70's pantsuit - yay or nay?

No, too busy and I don't care for underwear flaunted.  That's a horrible print and overwhelms her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like the concept of the pant suit returning. That was an unfortunate choice of print.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I like the idea of a patterned pantsuit. The corset adds another modern touch. But I'd like to see a smaller print though, because this large pattern is a bit "psychedelic" for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Brings back memories of the double-knit polyester pantsuit worn back in the '70s. I had one, but not like that. Mine was a solid color, not printed, with extra-w--i--d--e lapels. Jack Winter was the brand.

Honored Contributor

One word--Yuck!

I liked and wore pant suits back when but this one is awful.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for this pantsuit .  It doesn't look like it would be flattering on anyone.  I like prints but this print isn't appealing at all.

Respected Contributor

S & S:  silly and stupid.  Wasted opportunity to demonstrate class and dignity.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Not for me, but it is beautifully made.  Each side is the perfect mirror image of the other.  The style is quite nice but even back in the day I was never a loud print person.  She does wear it well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is adorable and the pantsuit would have been more flattering in a much smaller print or solid. The print reminds me

of wallpaper that I had in one of my bathrooms in the 70's.