Honored Contributor

Re: 70's Revival-are you in???

Love bell bottoms,  Never liked skinny jeans.  also like what they are calling dusters, I think they were called something else in the 70's.  Maude wore them.Smiley Happy  I also like the 3 inch hills.  Tired of seeing the super high heels. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 68, and the styles I still like is the  head scarf.  There are so many styles to choose from.  And so easy and great on a bad hair day, or concealing a needed root job.  Here are some I like.  I would make adjustments, but you get the gist

I also have and will wear floppy hats.  How great are hats in bad weather, and again my dreaded bad hair days!

Respected Contributor

I don't have the figure I had back then, which is the one required to look good in a lot of it. So ... no I won't be revisiting the styles from the seventies. If you have the figure and you like the look, you should enjoy it. It was very bohemian and artsy compared to today's more professional, streamlined and simplified looks. Back then it symbolized so much more than what met the eye on the surface.

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I am 68, and the styles I still like is the  head scarf.  There are so many styles to choose from.  And so easy and great on a bad hair day, or concealing a needed root job.  Here are some I like.  I would make adjustments, but you get the gist

I also have and will wear floppy hats.  How great are hats in bad weather, and again my dreaded bad hair days!

I still can't figure out how to get the scarf headband look. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I was definitely in to all that when it was here the first time!  I still lament the passing of all that.  But I am too old for the most of that now -- sadly.  I do love and enjoy so much of that era of fashion.  The very low hig-huggers with big bell bottoms (even elephant leg bottoms), body suits, crop tops, halter tops, platform shoes, bohemian peasant tops, head wraps, crochet vests, polyster wild print shirts and tight polyster pants, short-short mini shifts and skirts, hot pants, straight middle-parted hair, pale pink lipstick, aqua eye shadow, patched jeans --- peace signs, etc., fringed suede and leather belts with the jeans, and the list goes on and on.  

I hated the clothing for guys.  So lounge lizard!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Been there in the 70's done all that. To old for it all now it's the new generation to wear the fashions. It was great at the time. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVED the Dr. Zhivago look, and I have a wonderful brown wool coat trimmed with tightly curled fur.

If I can get back into it ( maybe 10 pounds or so) I can't wait to wear it.

Occasional Contributor

IF I was still 18+ and had that cute little figure, I would be all in.  I love so many things I wore back then.  The looks I can still carry off, I will wear in a heartbeat.

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 of the pieces H&M featured

the 3/4 Ultrasuede-ish coat which is really cool looking and a patterned shirt

http://www.hm.com/us/product/19702?article=19702-F

http://www.hm.com/us/product/20747?article=20747-A&cm_vc=SEARCH

Honored Contributor

I keep all (95%) of my jeans and I know there are some flares in there