Honored Contributor

Re: 70's Revival-are you in???

Uh.... no thanks..... I went with the hip hugger bell bottoms (with and without embroidery), and the onsie tops that snapped at the crotch (so it would stay perpetually tucked in).... went with the boots, long hair parted in the middle, huge hoop earrings, pale to no lipstick and felt I "fit in" with the Drama crowd I hung with in college.... but it wasn't my true style at all and left the Hippy (Bohemian Boho) look with the greatest joy....  Woman LOLWoman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

A "Must Have" for Fall? '70's inspired Flare Jeans! Getting started on a few transitional pieces. I LOVE flares at the end of summer smile emoticon

(Jeans: Genetic Denim Hepburn High Rise Vintage Flare, top: Flying Tomato, clutch: Gucci)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Bring it on, anything 60s or 70s, just bring it all on!! About four years ago I bought some super flare jeans from Victoria Secret. They were so cute, admired by the guys as well as the girls, evoking memories of a bygone era for everyone. Even the young women wanted some. I loved most everything about that era with the exception of the war.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I loved the 70's and the fashions, was very young and wore them well. I won't be wearing a mini dress, but I love the bell bottom jeans and bohemian looking tops. Not a fan of the platform shoes at my age though.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely, especially the bohemian tops and flare jeans. I've already bought several tops and will buy the jeans.

Respected Contributor

I'm so ready. I love the 70's revisited looks. I kinda like a little Stevie Nicks  most days anyway,LOL. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Oh yeah baby. I bought a pair of fringe booties. 

I'd like to buy the Seven7 flared jeans from Melissa McCarthy on hsn but at $89 I don't want to take a chance that they don't fit or will be way too long on me. If they had to be hemmed a lot the proportion would suffer. I'm hoping Kohh's will get them in their stores so I try them on.

I like the bohemian style tops too.

Honored Contributor

The 1970's were fun for fashion.  It was a feast!!  I am older, but many of the styles I could still wear.  The great thing about 70's fashion was everything was game, everything from mini, to midi to maxi or knee length, take your pick. There were lots of dresses, like the wrap from DVF.  There were so many modern styles as well as many 1930's and 40's inspired fashion.  Jeans of all widths were fashionable.  Boot cut, slightly wider, bells, sailor bells. Hot pants!  Women still wore suits like Halston and such, but wore pants and wild Pucci tops and jumpsuits!!.  Peasant tops, tube tops, tunics, sheer fabric to macrame"/  I think it was probably one of the most diverse fashion decades we had.  JMHO.  I remember, people even did costume type dressing.  OMG, I think I could skip the disco themed stuff though, LOL!

I also think for men it was of the most bold and drastic changes.  Geesh men were wearing neon orange, bright pinks, plaid bell bottoms with floral tops (and who could forget the open shirts and gold chains) When John Travolta walked down the street with that suit, every man was wearing those waist less tab pants in pale blue and white.  The jackets had lapels so large you could use them as table cloths!  LOL

Yes, it was fun.  I think there is a lot to choose from.  I am not one for the wild, bright tops, but I like peasant, hippy styles once in a while

Respected Contributor

I am definitely 'in' on the colors, patterns and boho tops...but I have to go s-l-o-w-l-y with the flare bottom pants.  I look so much better in skinny and straight legs but I'm trying.  I started a few months ago with boot cut yoga pants because it isn't a big commitment.  Next I'll try at least one pair of boot cut jeans.  

I'm so brave, huh? Cat Tongue

Trusted Contributor

I loved those maxi coats!

70sholding.jpg

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In