Honored Contributor

Re: 70% off clearance coming Thursday To Talbots -- With A Condition

@tobes Thanks for explaining further.  I agree with your post.  That said, I never pay retail for anything at Talbots, and while the first markdown may not be so great, there are plenty of 40% and even occasionally 50% off item coupons, and many other offers to save money (such as $20 off coupons which can be used on top of sale prices, etc.).   What I do pay for T's clothing ends up being extremely reasonable, because of all the special offers (as others on this thread such as cherry have pointed out).  

You are right though - the key is not to pay retail - ever - and to wait for great deals.  For example, I have a thread on this board about the Working Girl dress and I paid $16 (with my discounts and its clearance price) for a dress that was originally $149 (I think - it may have been even more than that) from T's special elegant RSVP line of dressy clothing.   

And, also as others have pointed out, I'm treated absolutely great at Talbots.  That store really appreciates its customers and shows it!

Trusted Contributor

Pearley just curious what city you have such great experiences at Talbots?

Honored Contributor

In addition to the 70% off, Ebates is giving 14% rebate for Talbots today.

Honored Contributor

I got a little shell today ,and I saved 84% ,plus free shipping

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  Under newly added to the sale items, there are some jeggings at 75% off (online I mean).

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Pearlee

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Thank you @Pearlee

@cherry  Ooops - I meant to direct that to gidgetgh who loves the jeggings.  I edited my post, but you are welcome anyway!  Smiley Happy