Esteemed Contributor

Re: 7:00 A.M. Style Live Chat - 9/12

@Bird mama wrote:

@MaggieMack

They are twill, not cords - JCP - ANA zip pocket twill pants.  I will tell you that the ANA twill is thinner than the worthington twill I am currently wearing in the zipper ankle pants.  In Michigan, I don't know that the ANA twill will keep my legs warm.  Might be worn in fall only.

I nailed sales on all of these - oh yea and I did buy the poncho which I featured in a earlier post.

Oh, @Bird mama, I LOVE the Ana brand at Penneys, they are made for my body type. Going there with my coupons this afternoon, lol, to see if I can nab some.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the shopper style of bag. Colors are nice though.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Belated birthday greetings to your dear daughter.  Man, an abscessed tooth is no joke.  Mine was one of the eye teeth or canines (upper) and I was taking my Mom's dog to Purdue for cancer treatment (late 80's) and I left the house with a normal face and arrived in Indiana starting to look like Quasimodo.  My poor dentist couldn't prescribe out of MI. I managed to get home before the pain got too bad.  I've seen my sister's face change into something indescribable in less than a 12 hour period.  She begged my father to get a weapon and put her out of her misery.  Luckily we got in touch with a dentist who prescribed antibiotics in the middle of the night without seeing her.  I remember that episode like it was yesterday.  Trying to find a 24 hour pharmacy was something else.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I have never owned a designer bag...but DD gave me a Dooney tote for my birthday which I use to haul things back and forth to work.  It really is a workhorse and always looks nice.  But Bird is right...it does not have organization pockets....just one.  I put a purse organizer in it to carry small things and not lose them in the mess. 

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Maggie, if you shop JCP, watch your emails.  They had labor day sales last weekend and I sat on my hands waiting for the 25% off coupon email.  I noticed the 'sales' price for each item I wanted, just to make sure they didn't hike up the price before offering 25% off.  I cleaned up!  There was one ANA sweater in olive I wanted but they hicked the price back up to $36.  It never made it off my wish list into the cart.

Been shopping there over 30 years - I know that store and their tactics so I wait..... and I stalk......

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear I'm a dooney girl. Have several. I like the TSV, love the feet, love the handles, not sure about woven leather,. I'm carrying a medium olive color "shopper" now. Love I can throw my glasses, iPad, keys, etc when heading to the office.
Trusted Contributor

I call my "bag' Lost Horizons....cuz I lose everything in it and its not that big.  Wish I could set up organization and stick to it!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama,

She and I go to the same dentist, I don't think he will prescribe anything without seeing her, but if she explains it well enough he might, or maybe come in to the office to see her. He came in on his day off when my other daughter broke her front tooth at the community pool back when she was in high school.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Because I come from people who worked manual jobs in small factories and weren't designer name people, I am the same way.  Where this is going is that I rarely go to Nordstrom or what I perceive to be fancy stores. 

Well, the other day, my fringey baretrap boots, ordered from BonTon arrived.  I should have stayed true to size, but no I ordered a size 9.  They were too big.  So after not being able to get ahold of BonTon customer services twice, I looked for stores on their website.  Two Carsons stores were listed, one not more than 5 miles away from me.

I called Carson's asked about the relationship with BonTon and learned I could return the fringey boots at Carsons.  Saved me $8.95 in return fees so I thought, sign me up.

So last night I went to Carson's for the first time, to return the boots.  (I had already re-ordered them in an 8 1/2 online because stores don't have them).

So, I had to walk through the handbags to get to the shoe department.  They had a sign that said Brahmin and I thought, wow, I can now see what those bags look like because I see ladies talking about them on the forums.

Well, I saw Brahmin bags.  I don't get the hype (lol).

Esteemed Contributor

Good rainy Saturday, everyone ... just reading today, not posting much.   But, Bird ... who makes these boots?   Love them!