Esteemed Contributor

60's fashion...

[ Edited ]

I'm seriously bored!  In the past few days:  My house is clean.  I trimmed my hair and gave myself a manicure.  I went thru my closet, which took about 20 minutes (no cluttered closet problems here after The Great and Terrible Closet Purge of 2017 hahahahaha).  I read.  I took naps.  I talked on the phone...imagine that!...with my girlfriends.  Checked up on my neighbors.

Handsome and I got into a discussion about 60's music.  Hang on to your hats, but he had never heard of Da Doo Ron Ron Ron by the Crystals!  You could have knocked me over with a feather!  So, I pulled it up on youtube (which, of course, dovetailed into a half a doz other 60's Motown favs)...many of the vids had fashions from the 60's which naturally led to a bing image search of 60's fashions, and I couldn't believe how many outfits I would wear today.

Give me sleeves on that pink dress Twiggy is wearing and I'd be happy...might even wear it with white capri leggings.

Which ones, if any, would you still wear?  What are your thoughts...memories...about 60's fashion?

See the source image

Image result for 60's fashions images Image result for kate hepburn style

Image result for 60's fashions images  Image result for Audrey Hepburn Style

See the source image

Image result for 60's fashions images   Image result for 60's fashions images

Image result for Audrey Hepburn Style  Image result for Audrey Hepburn Style

See the source image

Image result for 60's fashion icons photos

See the source image

See the source image

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Had some yellow ball earrings that I thought were so cool. They weren't quite as big as those pictured.

Valued Contributor
anything Audrey Hepburn wore!!! I was born in 1968 but I always wanted to be just like her when I grew up. it didnt happen!
Honored Contributor

I am also seriously bored heading into my fourth week of self quarantine and now I am feeling guilty about not accomplishing much but pulling weeds in the yard and reading a few books.  

I would go with Audrey Hepburn but with sleeves also.  I do still like print pants in the summer and have several.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

I somehow missed out on the humongous ball earrings!

@spursfan2 

I feel your pain!  I wanted to be Audrey.  My sister looks quite a bit like her...sibling rivalry material there hahaha!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's fashion...

[ Edited ]

Would agree with the consensus; Audrey all the way but with sleeves.  I loved sixties fashions (I was in my prime and had/have great legs) and was fortunate to have a "sew lady"in Okinawa who could make anything I could think up.  In addition to many minis my favorite "creation" was a classic trench coat maxi done in faux lizard.  I knew how to sew and even took a pattern making class so I knew what was (or wasnt )possible.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne 

Four weeks quarantined is the stuff of nightmares!  Handsome has been doing the outside stuff, thankfully...it would be weed central if I had to do it, so good for you.  I am very, very, very worried about running out of books to read.  Granted I have a huge stash of read and unread, but I can't think about it without breaking into a cold sweat.

Respected Contributor

I adored 60s fashions!  I loved the fishnet stockings in various colors.  One favorite dress was long- sleeved silky shirt dress (mini, of course!) in a wild hot pink, white, yellow and green paisley pattern and a self tie belt. 

Another dress I loved was a cream and brown paisley print mini dress with bell sleeves and a Nehru collar. I remember buying it right before 9th grade on a shopping trip with my cousin.  I was so excited to get it!

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz 

My Grandmother was my "sew lady!"  She wouldn't make me a mini, though.  She was kind of like the Seinfeld soup guy:  "No mini for you!"

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee 

See the source image