Valued Contributor

Re: $60 for a simple sweater ??

@cherry et al

I don't recall the OP saying anything about meeting with her approval. She simply questioned the (excessive) price of a non-designer sweater. Sheesh, some people are just looking to be defensive.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Probably because I don't watch many Q fashion programs - I'm shocked!  H-Halston just presented a sweater - no buttons but perhaps a zipper on the side for some reason for......SIXTY DOLLARS,..... in a store where I could try it on... I wouldn't pay more than $40 and carry it home for free. 

Arn't you glad you posted .  !!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wasn't referring to the OP @zitawins

Esteemed Contributor

Okay - time out ladies - chill pill

Sorry I offended those of you who purchased the sweater.....point of posting was the QVC prices lately vs the product.  That's all there was to it. 

Have a happy week!

Valued Contributor

Take a look at Evine, they have some great deals and nice things.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Honored Contributor

@fthuntBut you do know you can buy simple sweaters for half that $60 or twice or 10 times it, etc.?  Right?

.And we get to choose.  That's what I like best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@fthuntBut you do know you can buy simple sweaters for half that $60 or twice or 10 times it, etc.?  Right?

.And we get to choose.  That's what I like best.

I wish I could give this 1000 likes. We get to choose what we like at the price point that works for us. I just picked up some beautiful things from the Brooks Brothers anniversary sale, including gorgeous cashmere and merino wool sweaters. They were an incredible deal, worth every penney...and more than $60 each! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why when someone expresses an opinion on these forums so many people get their knickers in a twist about an innocent remark. I didn't take the post to be cracking on the people who bought the item. I took it as an observation of the price. Isn't this a time in history that women should have each others backs?

Frequent Contributor

The Q is like a large dept store wherin you can find sections to fit various budgets.  Prices are determined by style, fabric, designer, etc.  I would expect a $60 sweater to be of higher quality than one for $40.  At least that has been my experience in brick and mortar stores.