Honored Contributor

Re: $59 for a pair of ripped jeans

I have donated many pairs of pants that looked much better than the current "distressed" ones. $59 for a pair sounds like a bargain, based on what I have seen online. Smh
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't wear them so I don't care if the trend lasts for the next 50 years...lol   Why do women cares about what other women wear?  I do think it's generational.  I don't think younger women spend as much time dissing other women's fashion choices.

This is true.  Women my daughter's age just don't care what other women (esp. in my age group) wear.  

Respected Contributor

Love Laurie's distressed jeans. I have 4 pairs and wear them on the weekends. I have to dress for work and totaly enjoy a laid back, super casaul, t-shirt and converse.  My boys love that I am with the times but not too young.

Deb

Honored Contributor

@lrbrb wrote:

Anyone buying?

@lrbrb  No. Not purchasing those, but I do wear distressed jeans (a few holes not all the way through to skin or ripped through at knees) & I usually pay around $20 at discount stores. 

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Wearing damaged clothes was never on my list. I quit school and went to work so that I could wear nice things, not worn out, ripped, or damaged pieces. To each their own, I guess.

@StylishLady  I don’t see new distressed jeans as damaged. They happen to be a style now worn by many women. Just as some choose to wear loungewear in public because it’s what it is acceptable now in fashion. Everyone is entitled to her own opinion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is one fashion trend I will definately pass on!  Never understood why anyone would want to wear jeans with fake rips.  Each to his own.  My 36 year old daughter wears them, but that is her choice and she could care less what I think about it - LOL!!  I should add I would not wear them if they were free.  $59. for jeans is a fair price if they are well made, but not the style for me.