Honored Contributor

Re: $59 for a pair of ripped jeans

[ Edited ]

59 bucks is cheap for ripped jeans.  Seriously.  Hae you priced them in the stores? It runs about 20 dollars a tear, more ..if they gently and lovingly shred them

Super Contributor

I think it's fine for a teenager or 20-something to wear their old jeans this way.

But, I can't see anyone, regardless of age, paying $59 for ripped clothing.

This is fashion?  I can't see it.

Valued Contributor

@makena wrote:

I'm sure we've all been a slave to a fashion trend at one time or another.

Not me.  I would never buy or wear something I do not like.

Honored Contributor

The combination LF was wearing, pairing torn jeans with five inch stiletto sandals, is not my thing. Because she's not a twenty-something, the look says "trying too hard." JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

This is a steal!! I'm in the market for a pair of ripped pull-up skinny jeans. Can't find any that accomodate my height (tall). I'd buy a pair for $59 in a heartbeat if they were pull-ups!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I don't have this pair, but $59 is not a high price compared to many. I have paid more for my pairs of distressed jeans. I love them, but prefer no holes or to show skin. This style has been around forever. Don’t see it really ever going away either. It will always be around in some way, shape or form.  They are all over the place here. There’s a place for them, and I disagree that someone over a certain age wearing them is “trying too hard”. This subject has been beat to death......🙄

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I don't have this pair, but $59 is not a high price compared to many. I have paid more for my pairs of distressed jeans. I love them, but prefer no holes or to show skin. This style has been around forever. Don’t see it really ever going away either. It will always be around in some way, shape or form.  They are all over the place here. There’s a place for them, and I disagree that someone over a certain age wearing them is “trying too hard”. This subject has been beat to death......🙄

@AmericanBulldogMom: l want to clarify what l said. I agree with you--  l also like distressed jeans, but without holes. And those jeans are reasonably priced.

But the look of dressy stilettos paired with torn jeans just doesn't go together, lMO. It seems like an oxymoron, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It's a style, not a mistake, so the pricing doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are distressed.

People who like them don't consider them damaged. That's the reason it's not an oxymoron to see them with stiletto heels. Some may not like it (I couldn't wear stiletto heels if my life depended upon it), but I think it's an interesting twist.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't wear them so I don't care if the trend lasts for the next 50 years...lol   Why do women cares about what other women wear?  I do think it's generational.  I don't think younger women spend as much time dissing other women's fashion choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get the "look"!  Ripped, torn denim jeans are just ripped, torn denim jeans.  What fashion????