Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,372
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

i definitely agree that just because it is polyester doesnt make it NOT worth $60+. would i spend $60 plus on a SG shirt........of course, if i knew i would get good use out of it and it was worth it for me. i have polyester items i have paid $20 for and polyester items that i paid $200+ for.......and everything in between. this is not the polyester from the 70s......it has come a long way baby. LOL

 

people spend money on different things. i buy certain groceries that i am sure no one else would buy, i go out to restaurants that others may not want to spend the money on, i buy top shelf booze because i prefer "the good stuff", i buy clothing and furniture and jewelry that some others would never consider........thats why we are all different.....as it should be.

 

i dont judge what people want to spend or not spend their money on.

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,251
Registered: ‎11-24-2014

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!


@151949 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.


 

 

you just told people on the COLA thread that you live pretty well considering you have 2 SS incomes plus a pension so I am sure you have the cash for this, you just choose not to spend it on things you think are not worth it.

 

BTW, I think most Temptations type items can be bought a whole lot cheaper in many other places than QVC. 


I didn't say that about 2 SS incomes - someone said it about me. So much for your comprehension of what you read! And - not that it is any of your business I haven't bought any TT for about 2 or more years.


you have a husband, 2 incomes you've talked about it before, And you've also talked about all your temptations for years. Stop bothering me now. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,208
Registered: ‎04-27-2015

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!


@60sgirl wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.


 

 

you just told people on the COLA thread that you live pretty well considering you have 2 SS incomes plus a pension so I am sure you have the cash for this, you just choose not to spend it on things you think are not worth it.

 

BTW, I think most Temptations type items can be bought a whole lot cheaper in many other places than QVC. 


I didn't say that about 2 SS incomes - someone said it about me. So much for your comprehension of what you read! And - not that it is any of your business I haven't bought any TT for about 2 or more years.


you have a husband, 2 incomes you've talked about it before, And you've also talked about all your temptations for years. Stop bothering me now. 


 Great idea! By the way, I LOVE your tag line!!!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 886
Registered: ‎08-23-2011

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

Thank goodness we don't all want to buy the same things on the same day, or QVC would run out of stock.....!!

The dialogue going on reminds me of the debates...what one person thinks, the guy next to them disputes and on and on.  Let's face it, we all feel differently about costs of items. I only know within my family we all shop and spend our $ differently. And wonderful that we have the individual freedoms to decide how to spend our $, and what we value

Valued Contributor
Posts: 712
Registered: ‎09-09-2010

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

 

So, $52.50 is too expensive for polyester, but $59.16 for a cotton big shirt (A267886) is a great deal?  I came across your review on this, but I don't think this shirt is a good value (cotton may shrink, ironing etc.), and it has nothing to do with my budget.  I just don't understand your budget statement because you did buy a higher priced shirt.  

 

Cotton, polyester, rayon, cotton blends etc all have different fabric level qualities, so a good polyester could be a better value or deal over other fabrics.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,126
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

OMG another polyester complaint.

 

Yet you bought a JR big shirt for $59. 

 

The argument that people throw away their money on things is completely out of line.

 

MYOB

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!


@60sgirl wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.


 

 

you just told people on the COLA thread that you live pretty well considering you have 2 SS incomes plus a pension so I am sure you have the cash for this, you just choose not to spend it on things you think are not worth it.

 

BTW, I think most Temptations type items can be bought a whole lot cheaper in many other places than QVC. 


I didn't say that about 2 SS incomes - someone said it about me. So much for your comprehension of what you read! And - not that it is any of your business I haven't bought any TT for about 2 or more years.


you have a husband, 2 incomes you've talked about it before, And you've also talked about all your temptations for years. Stop bothering me now. 


 

 

Wow you must be really jealous of my life to have memorized so many details of it that you quote here and on other threads. I did not know I was all that interestinmg!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!


@HB glamma wrote:

Thank goodness we don't all want to buy the same things on the same day, or QVC would run out of stock.....!!

The dialogue going on reminds me of the debates...what one person thinks, the guy next to them disputes and on and on.  Let's face it, we all feel differently about costs of items. I only know within my family we all shop and spend our $ differently. And wonderful that we have the individual freedoms to decide how to spend our $, and what we value


 

 

I NEVER said anyone else could not spend their $ however they want. I very specifically said it was not in MY budget, and I did not think it was value for the money, which is my opinion and I am as entitled to it as anyone else.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!


@brii wrote:

OMG another polyester complaint.

 

Yet you bought a JR big shirt for $59. 

 

The argument that people throw away their money on things is completely out of line.

 

MYOB


 

 

Please quote where I said that because I did not say that at all. The JR shirt I bought was 100% cotton - no cheap manmade fiber - and was very high quality.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,757
Registered: ‎11-28-2012

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!


@brii wrote:

OMG another polyester complaint.

 

Yet you bought a JR big shirt for $59. 

 

The argument that people throw away their money on things is completely out of line.

 

MYOB


Not the JR shirt with mismatched plaids.