Respected Contributor

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

Coldwater Creek and some others have 100% polyester shirts for $75+!

I try to watch for things I like to go on sale...bought 7 cardigans (Linea, Bob McKie, Susan Graver, Women with Control, Logo, George Simonton) here at the Q over the summer for what I consider to be great prices...most were Lunchtime Specials, others were Clearance, the SG and Logo were TSVs. Every one of them is beautiful, and I spent about $290--including tax & shipping. Regular prices would've been around $430, and I wouldn't have paid full price for any of them!

It's not a matter of "throwing cash around"...you have to know your own budget.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.

You do, and you've frequently posted about it.  I wouldn't throw my money around on quite a few of the things you've posted about owning.  Different strokes for different folks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.

I consider it cash thrown away if I buy a cheap garment that looks cheap and/or doesn't last after several washings. Something that looks classy and lasts for years can end up being an excellent monetary value, in addition to looking and feeling good in it, which is invaluable in itself.

I much prefer polyester that feels like silk to real slik for many reasons.  Polyester can be a great fabric, even though I do remember the poly from the '70s which was not good in so many ways! 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Made of 100% polyester. No way that is in my budget. I have some Susan Graver bigshirts from many years ago and I do love them but I can't justify paying this for one, even though I loved the garnet and the silver grey colors.

If that is in your budget - good for you,It isn't in mine - not value for the money imo to pay that for a polyester shirt.

OOFTA!!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

you just told people on the COLA thread that you live pretty well considering you have 2 SS incomes plus a pension so I am sure you have the cash for this, you just choose not to spend it on things you think are not worth it.

BTW, I think most Temptations type items can be bought a whole lot cheaper in many other places than QVC. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Personally, I wouldnt pay a dollar for anything from SG, but I just paid 69 for a LDO top, so its all relative.  Its perceived value for money.

LOL   Great post!

Honored Contributor

Polyester has many "grades" to it and unfortunately the last poly blouses I got from SG  (I bought 3 at one time) were more or less a medium grade, not nearly as nice as the ones she used to offer back in the day (I bought as many as I could back then, loved them!). Because of this I won't spend $50 a pop on a poly blouse from Susan, as much as I was tempted.  

BTW, you can buy a poly blouse at WalMart for roughly $15 - $19 but the grade of the material is very, very poor.  You do get what you pay for, however if I get up to the $50 range, I'd rather just go ahead and pay $79 or so on a poly blouse that I know is top of the line fabric.  JMHO

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Well, be glad because you have more cash to throw around, and do, that a lot of other people.  I suppose they think that of you too.  You come here and talk about the purchases you make and your multiple homes, then berate others for what they buy.  

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@151949 wrote:

you just told people on the COLA thread that you live pretty well considering you have 2 SS incomes plus a pension so I am sure you have the cash for this, you just choose not to spend it on things you think are not worth it.

BTW, I think most Temptations type items can be bought a whole lot cheaper in many other places than QVC. 

I didn't say that about 2 SS incomes - someone said it about me. So much for your comprehension of what you read! And - not that it is any of your business I haven't bought any TT for about 2 or more years.

Respected Contributor

Anyone whose has been on these forums for awhile knows every few weeks the OP complains about the cost of QVC fashions, particularly those made of polyester.