Honored Contributor

$ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

Made of 100% polyester. No way that is in my budget. I have some Susan Graver bigshirts from many years ago and I do love them but I can't justify paying this for one, even though I loved the garnet and the silver grey colors.

If that is in your budget - good for you,It isn't in mine - not value for the money imo to pay that for a polyester shirt.

Honored Contributor

Re: $ 52.50 + tax + S&H for a big shirt!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@151949This is an old argument.  You can buy cheap poly -  much cheaper than Susan.  And you can pay hundreds of dollars for polyester. 

Saying something is "just" polyester makes no sense to me - tell me the quality of the poly and then maybe I'll understand. 

Susan is pretty much right in the middle - and that's where I hope she stays.  I don't want cheap poly and my budget doesn't extend to the really expensive versions of poly.

ETA -  Also -  you want QVC to ignore the law and not collect sales tax as Florida asks them to do?   I don't get that complaint at all.

Honored Contributor

Polyester is everywhere right now and at higher prices than SG's.  You should see the Chico's prices, even on sale, for a polyester top.  

Honored Contributor

I don't believe that polyester carries the same negative connotation it once did. All textiles, natural and man made, have come SUCH a long way!

Remember when rayon was always 'dryclean only' (and wrinkled when you looked at it cross eyed) or how awful pleather was??

I think the materials, these days, are on a more level playing field; the quality factor is in the construction.

Honored Contributor

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.

Esteemed Contributor

It is too bad that clothes cost so much now....Honestly, I find that QVC has better prices than most places for comparable or better quality. (I know many will disagree with that--but that's just been my personal experience.)

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the concept of telling others how to spend their money or implying people are throwing their money around if they choose to spend $52.00 on a big shirt. 

If you can't afford it or don't choose to spend that kind of money, that's certainly your perogative.  But it's also mine to spend it if I can and if I think it's a good value for me. 

You have a home in Florida for the winter and a camper in Pittsburgh for the summer.  There are a lot of people who can't afford one place to live, let alone a winter home and summer home.  But yet you are complaining about a $52.00 shirt.  SMH   

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Boy, I sure wish I had the cash to throw around that people here seem to think nothing of.

Who cares what other people buy?  I don't understand that. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't understand the concept of telling others how to spend their money or implying people are throwing their money around if they choose to spend $52.00 on a big shirt. 

If you can't afford it or don't choose to spend that kind of money, that's certainly your perogative.  But it's also mine to spend it if I can and if I think it's a good value for me. 

You have a home in Florida for the winter and a camper in Pittsburgh for the summer.  There are a lot of people who can't afford one place to live, let alone a winter home and summer home.  But yet you are complaining about a $52.00 shirt.  SMH   

Please quote where I told anyone how to spend their money.

Valued Contributor

Personally, I wouldnt pay a dollar for anything from SG, but I just paid 69 for a LDO top, so its all relative.  Its perceived value for money.