Respected Contributor

Re: 51st High School Reunion coming up---ugh!

[ Edited ]

@pietook 

First step is a great attitude!   

I  would say join the gym now, you have roughly 6 wks or so and you think it won't make a difference, it does!!!!!

This is great motivation.  I would just bet over half of that class isn't working out and you'll have great conversation on how you are so motivated and alive!   

I wouldn't worry about what you look like it's your attitude and a great elongated blazer, a little heal for height, and a great over the knee skirt.

Elongated blazers are great to camo the stomach area.  I would stay away from pants since they show the stomach area and leg size.

You'll be surprised as to how many didn't even make it to your 51st reunion.   Glam it up and go.    

Who cares who you were, it's who you are at this moment!

Honored Contributor

@pietook 

I am a stylist and now work with color which I taught for 37 years.

I went to a reunion and ran into a close friend from elementary school!  She ended up married to our class president. 

Honored Contributor

Take a look on Classmates.com and you can see on Facebook how your former classmates now look. No one escapes the aging process, no matter how much they think they still look twenty years younger. 

Our reunion was held last month for the class of 71 and 70. More than 400 were invited and about 60 showed. I saw the photos but chose not to attend. I want to remember all of us as we were and not the enormous loss our class has endured from death. BTW, I could not identify anyone there and I knew both classes as I did a lot of extra-curricular activities...

Esteemed Contributor

@pietook wrote:

Thanks for the tips--- yes!  Shaping garments are a must! LOL

As for as saying---I don't want to go----don't go---- have you all not ever "not wanted" to go someplace --- only in the sense of --hey, I'd rather be doing something else, but this is tonight so I will go???  There are some people I will enjoy seeing---others not so much!  Plus, this is probably the last reunion we will have.

Am I really the only one that dreads these reunions?????  

you just said the word 'dread.'

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This would be my 51st, also. I've never gone to any reunions. Never felt like I fit in anywhere and couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Didn't have too many friends at that school. Friends that I did have went to different high schools.

Esteemed Contributor

The only reunion I ever attended was the celebration of the 100th anniversary of my high school. Everyone from every class was invited. I looked good back then, in 1997. I was at my WW goal weight, found a really pretty dress to wear and had a decent time...not a great time. I saw a few old friends but I knew I wouldn't be attending another reunion again. To the O/P, I'd say if you don't really want to go to that reunion, stay home. Why subject yourself to so much stress?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nana59 I'm sorry my wording is throwing you off!  LOL  

No, I am not excited,--- yes I dread going---YES, I will go----I can't explain it any better!  

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 

Hey, I didn't have a great high school experience  social-wise.  However, I grew into the person I now am thanks to college, mentors, career experiences, marriage, etc.

I have gone to every one of the five-year reunions and enjoyed myself: it is attitude and acceptance.  So many of my classmates have passed on...I welcomed the ones who are still here.  We now find out how much we had in common back then but never realized it.  I guess we were so wrapped up in growing up and understanding who we were !

There was no 55th reunion.  I am so glad I " glammed up " and danced the night away.  A great memory for many reasons....

Please, folks, go to the reunions....it is only one night and there are no report cards !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@pietook 

These look pretty nice.  A384242  or I'm liking the gold A384263

(the pattern draws your eyes away from the stomach)

if I was going to a reunion, I would get the gold and pair it with a skirt.

Respected Contributor

@pietook 

You did not mention how people dress at your reunions.  We always keep it casual and simple.  We have classmates dressed in shorts, casual pants or jeans, and simple casual dresses.  We just want everyone to come, we do not care what they wear!

We always do two nights because we always have many, very welcome, crashers  from other years.  We are the class of 73 but always have some from 71, 72, and 74 too!  What can I say, we throw a heck of a party!🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward