Honored Contributor

Re: 51st High School Reunion coming up---ugh!

@pietook .................Save yourself time, money and grief.  Wear what you love and feel good in.  A stylist will not be able to hide 30 lbs.  If you wear makeup do as you always do, that makes you feel attractive.  Maybe a hair cut, but nothing fancy.

Dont think you are the only one at your reunion that as gained a few pounds, has a few wrinkles and gray hairs.  There will be plenty of others.

Besides if you were not in the "click", why would you care?  Have a good time visiting, catching up with all of them and have a blast.

I think the poster you are looking for for makeup tips is Shanus.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@pietook Honest to gosh I don't go to anything I dread attending. Why do you go if you dread it? I guess I just don't see the point.

Valued Contributor

@pietook
What questions do you have about beauty/ fashion? Post it and I’m sure you’ll get lots of helpful advice on how to boost your confidence for your reunion appearance.
Honored Contributor

Wow! I wouldn't go if that were the case. I've never been to one of mine. High school was so "high school" and I was glad to graduate. That said, I'm sure everyone had put on weight and will be in the same boat. There is a lot of shapewear that can pull things in and smooth thing out though. 

Honored Contributor

@pietook 

You didn't say how formal the event is, but how about something like this?

It defines the waist a bit but is flowy enough to glide over a tummy.

And maybe a bolero if you don't want to show your arms?

Honored Contributor

Feel free to skip it, unless you want to see specific people.  

Honored Contributor

I've attended several high school reunions, the last one, the 50th, a couple of years ago.  What amazes me is that those who were most active in the school never attend.  
I go with 2 people who also attended the high school and live in different parts of the country so I get to see them.  At the last one, I saw a woman that I was good friends with while attending high school but hadn't seen in decades. so that was great fun.

What do you care how you've changed???  Trust me, everyone else has changed too--LOL!!!

I would go.  

Honored Contributor

@pietook If you are going to compare how you look or what you have to others, it will be a miserable night.  If you have to go to the gym to go after all these years, I'd say that is a red flag. 

If you are going because you truly want to see friends and be happy if they have had a hugely successful and happy life, you will have a great night.

People will have more than you and less than you.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so happy that you have chosen to attend. I can't  believe people here are telling you not to. It is a special event for you and like you said probably the last one. Some people do change over the years and I hope you have a positive experience and have a nice time. 

Some of the people here telling you not to go are real Debbie Downers I  have noticed.

Honored Contributor

@pietook  Why do you feel the need to go to something that you sound like you do not enjoy?  Being around people not nice years ago and who you still say are uppity clicky.....sounds like you are a glutton for  punishment.  

Instead go out to a nice dinner with someone you love or enjoy their company.... be kind to yourself.....do not go to this reunion. Sounds like they will not miss you....

Do not let these kind of people make you feel insecure....  I am sure you are a caring sweet person. THAT is what you want to remember.