Respected Contributor

Re: $5 Shipping on Gili Jeans?

@songbird wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Gili has high end jeans???   LOL.  I'm typing this wearing Acne Products jeans.  Not made in America.  Made in Italy. 

ACNE? Is that a typo?

Should be Acne Studio and yes they are the new kids on the block..  Along with R-13

http://www.acnestudios.com/

R13

http://r13denim.com/

They know how to make jeans.

How often do you see smoking used in ads, as on the R13 site scrolling towards the bottom,  geared toward a younger set or in any ads at all? Not liking that.

Films still show people smoking.  Looks cool.  So they use it.  Same thing in adds.  I grew up with films & ads showing smoking.  And I never smoked.

Smoking kills. They shouldn't glamorize it at all. I thought we already laid that whole use of smoking in advertizing movement to rest. I was very surprised to see this company using it. Just as we make headway in the efforts to end this harmful habit and all the disease that result from it  ... two steps forward one step back. It doesn't look cool to me at all. I just hear the junky congested coughs from smoking, when out in public and want to scream at all those who ever glamorized it, accepted it, promoted it in their advertisement and made a profit from the habit that causes death and disease, as all statistics demonstrate easily. We all know these consequences now so there is no excuse.

Frequent Contributor

Personally, after seeing the price on those jeans, shipping should have been free!!!! OMG, are you serious, $70+!!!! That is just super crazy!!!

Now, they were really cute, & I may have bought them for a way lower price, but at that price no way. I could feed my family for a wk on that!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I noticed that too, so I called customer service and said it was be a mistake because the info given that shipping on garments was 3.00.  The rep told me that was not true.  The shipping on garments can or may vary from 3.00 to 5.00 to 10.00 dollars,  Then I looked at A271094-a Liz Clairborne fleece jacket and it's shipping was also 5:00.  A pair of jeggings cost the same to ship as a jacket?

@qbetzforreal, thank you for calling. The only reason they jacked the shipping charge up to $5.00 is that it is Gili. Can't cost any more to mail than a D&C top. Ripoff!

You are welcome, Maggie.  I read your post and I got curious and called.  I was shocked because when the new shipping changes came in effect, I was given the impression that the shipping for all clothing was 3:00.  Live and learn.