Trusted Contributor

Re: $5 Shipping on Gili Jeans?

[ Edited ]

Acne stands for "Ambition to Create Novel Expressions".

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@morganjen wrote:

Thank you. It obviously means something different in Italy as an acronym than it does here. Woman Wink

ETA: saw some cute wine colored jeans, not sure I would pay $1,200 for them, though.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I also noticed a $5 shipping fee posted for Re-Body protein bars, which were just being sold on Q Plus. I thought the prices of all food item included shipping. What's up with that??

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@morganjen wrote:

Thank you. It obviously means something different in Italy as an acronym than it does here. Woman Wink

ETA: saw some cute wine colored jeans, not sure I would pay $1,200 for them, though.

They are based in Sweden not Italy.  Some of the jeans are made in the U.S. others in Italy.  As far as I know they always had the name.  They have been quite popular lately because of a lot celebs wearing their stuff. 

I own one of their jeans.  I don't have R13 jeans though.  I'm intereted in getting a pair

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Gili has high end jeans???   LOL.  I'm typing this wearing Acne Products jeans.  Not made in America.  Made in Italy. 

ACNE? Is that a typo?

Should be Acne Studio and yes they are the new kids on the block..  Along with R-13

http://www.acnestudios.com/

R13

http://r13denim.com/

They know how to make jeans.

How often do you see smoking used in ads, as on the R13 site scrolling towards the bottom,  geared toward a younger set or in any ads at all? Not liking that.

Honored Contributor

For the heck of it, I just checked the s/h on D&C, QF, Isaac and Liz jeans.  All $3.00.  So why would s/h on GILI be more? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

For the heck of it, I just checked the s/h on D&C, QF, Isaac and Liz jeans.  All $3.00.  So why would s/h on GILI be more? 

I came to the conclusion last night that QVC bumped up the shipping on these jeans for only one reason: because THEY GREEDILY CAN! They announced that the jeans sold out, not sure how many pairs they brought in, let's say 5,000 . . . That is $10,000 more in THEIR pockets just on shipping charges alone. I may be done with Gili just on principle.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I promised myself I wouldn't pay for $l2. to try on a pair of shoes that didn't fit. But, I caved and went for the TSV Ryka Sneakers. The most ill fitting and cheap shoe I ever tried. It does not feel good to try on a pair of shoes. I won't make that mistake again, and I won't be doing on any apparel. Nothing there I can't find elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Gili has high end jeans???   LOL.  I'm typing this wearing Acne Products jeans.  Not made in America.  Made in Italy. 

ACNE? Is that a typo?

Should be Acne Studio and yes they are the new kids on the block..  Along with R-13

http://www.acnestudios.com/

R13

http://r13denim.com/

They know how to make jeans.

How often do you see smoking used in ads, as on the R13 site scrolling towards the bottom,  geared toward a younger set or in any ads at all? Not liking that.

Films still show people smoking.  Looks cool.  So they use it.  Same thing in adds.  I grew up with films & ads showing smoking.  And I never smoked.

Honored Contributor

Smoking looks cool??????? okaaaaay.

I don't see smoking in any ads, tv shows or movies, unless they are old.  It actually looks very weird to me to watch old movies or shows and see someone smoking.