Trusted Contributor

Re: 40% off for Talbots Premiers

@Pearlee : I think they treat everyone that well. I was in there one time a day after a discount expired and I was given it automatically  without anyone saying anything. I'm a good customer but not like you where you’re known but they sure still work to accommodate the customer. They are excellent at that

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Pearlee : I think they treat everyone that well. I was in there one time a day after a discount expired and I was given it automatically  without anyone saying anything. I'm a good customer but not like you where you’re known but they sure still work to accommodate the customer. They are excellent at that

@Sadiesadie   What you say is true; Talbots really strives to please the customers, which is how most stores used to be.  But of the four Talbots in town here, there is a difference among the store in just how out of the way the employees go for the customers.  In this one Talbot's I'm mentioning, the manager truly excels at bending over backwards to treat customers well.  Most of her employees do the same, but not all.  There is one employee who is definitely snarky and has been talked to multiple times about it, and other employees are much stricter with T's rules/policies.  This particular manager can pretty much do anything she wants for the customer, and does since she's the manager.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I ordered a pair of black cropped jeggings this morning. 

They didn’t show as available in any of the stores around me, so I ordered them and used the 40% off. 

Several weeks ago, I ordered the floral Keds. I ordered two different sizes as I wasn’t sure which would work best.  They were backordered and finally show out for delivery today so I’ll see how they do and return one pair tomorrow. They’re not eligible for a discount, but while I’m at the store tomorrow I’ll see if there is anything I’d like to use the postcard in person.  

I think I’m done buying pants and jeans for the season.  

@Pearlee - I’m impressed they let you get that shirt at 40% off. 

Thank you for reminding me about the floral Keds. I wanted them, but they showed as sold out in my size and had disappeared from the website for a while. I just went back and looked, and lo and behold, there they were in a 6.5! So I ordered them, a couple of tees in some of the colors in the floral print for 30% off, and used my 40% off on the wide leg cropped white jeans (wouldn't wear them with the sneakers, though!).

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I ordered a pair of black cropped jeggings this morning. 

They didn’t show as available in any of the stores around me, so I ordered them and used the 40% off. 

Several weeks ago, I ordered the floral Keds. I ordered two different sizes as I wasn’t sure which would work best.  They were backordered and finally show out for delivery today so I’ll see how they do and return one pair tomorrow. They’re not eligible for a discount, but while I’m at the store tomorrow I’ll see if there is anything I’d like to use the postcard in person.  

I think I’m done buying pants and jeans for the season.  

@Pearlee - I’m impressed they let you get that shirt at 40% off. 

Thank you for reminding me about the floral Keds. I wanted them, but they showed as sold out in my size and had disappeared from the website for a while. I just went back and looked, and lo and behold, there they were in a 6.5! So I ordered them, a couple of tees in some of the colors in the floral print for 30% off, and used my 40% off on the wide leg cropped white jeans (wouldn't wear them with the sneakers, though!).

@jonbon - the keds arrived about a half hour ago.  I ordered a 7 1/2, which is my normal size, and an 8. The 7 1/2 fit fine. They’re adorable. I’m glad I ordered them.  Enjoy your purchases!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Happy you like them, @gidgetgh  . 

Honored Contributor

I stopped at Talbots this morning to return one of the two pairs of Keds I received yesterday. 

I took with me the full priced cropped jeggings I bought last weekend and my 40% off card. She did a return and rebuy for me so I ended up getting the jeggings at 40% off. I was a happy girl!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I stopped at Talbots this morning to return one of the two pairs of Keds I received yesterday. 

I took with me the full priced cropped jeggings I bought last weekend and my 40% off card. She did a return and rebuy for me so I ended up getting the jeggings at 40% off. I was a happy girl!

@gidgetgh   That's great - more Talbot's pleasing the customers.  And why not?  It's not coming out of the clerk's pockets!  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Just looked at your Keds online and they are adorable!  I hadn't noticed them before.   I need to go to a store and try them on (due to a bunion, I need to try shoes on, can't order online).   Cute, cute, cute!

I did see the Izzy Espadrilles - floral suede - in person at the store when I picked up my striped top the other day, and they are adorable and very soft, nice suede.   I should try those on too!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh   Just looked at your Keds online and they are adorable!  I hadn't noticed them before.   I need to go to a store and try them on (due to a bunion, I need to try shoes on, can't order online).   Cute, cute, cute!

I did see the Izzy Espadrilles - floral suede - in person at the store when I picked up my striped top the other day, and they are adorable and very soft, nice suede.   I should try those on too!

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee - I think the Keds are online only. As I’d mentioned earlier, I bought two sizes. My normal size fit. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Ooops - I'd forgotten that.  Thanks. Smiley Happy