Respected Contributor

$37 for a cotton gingham blouse?

The Denim and Co blouse is nice but $37 plus $3 shipping for a casual blouse? I can do better at Macy's or LL Bean. I can shop locally so I do not need to buy from the Q. The red one shown on the model even had an uneven placket at the bottom.

Respected Contributor

Re: $37 for a cotton gingham blouse?

I agree, I liked that blouse and I like gingham but would not pay that price either. I seldom buy clothes from the Q anymore, their prices have just increased too much in all lines.

Respected Contributor

My thoughts precisely.  Waaaay too much for a piece of clothing such as this.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

If you think that's bad.........$35 for a plain tank is ridiculous.    At least a blouse requires detailed construction.   A tank is basically two pieces of fabric.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I agree, that is a stiff price. Don't forget to add tax!

I got it when it was $32.  Ordered my size, but it was too sloppy so I'm exchanging. The blouse is good quality, kind of a seersucker fabric. Gingham pattern is not too small or too large. It has bust darts, cuffs seem to have interfacing so they fold back easily. Shoulder seams are double stitched ( there is another name for this but I can't think

of it ), seam across back shoulders.  In my opinion it's a nicer than your average kohls blouse. I hope it doesn't shrink.

Respected Contributor

I am going to keep an eye out for it in 'as is' and 'last clicks'.

I have loved gingham throughout all of my ages. It says summer to me. But George Washington ($$) speaks to me also.

@Desertdi I quite agree about tanks. There is not much variation except in how they fit (once one establishes material %s) . Of course this is best done in person.

Honored Contributor

L.L. Bean has them for a lot more...just received their catalogue. Macy's Charter Club had the original price of $59.00 with a sale this week. They were well made and I purchased one in black checks for $39.95. So if you love the one with Denim and Co, it does seem to be priced competitively.

Honored Contributor

I have this blouse and I rarely wear it because it just looks mishappen and sloppy.It is a crinkled material that is not supposed to be ironed but the collar doesn't lie nicely and the yoke in the back also will not lay flat as it should. I wish i had sent it back when I got it. money down the drain - all it is good for is to wear around the house to clean. I really emphasize that I would NOT buy this blouse. It only looks nice until it's first washing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would you pay $35+ for a short-sleeved pocket tee shirt?   lolol

A-275109 being shown right now.  I almost fell off my chair.

ETA:  Oh.  Excuse me.  "It has designer details", to quote the host.

Honored Contributor

Is that designer in pima cotton?  (Just a little laugh there!)