Honored Contributor

3 Hr. show / nothing of interest

[ Edited ]

I watched most of the SG show this morning and just did a review in case I missed something.

The entire three hours and absolutely nothing I had the least bit of interest in buying.

SG goes in cycles for me.  Months and months I see nothing and then all of a sudden I'll find several items in one show.  Almost seems like she has revolving teams of designers.   

• Printed liquid knit pants - still too flimsy a fabric for pants.  You can tell when the model walks that the fabric is too thin.  They just don't hang and "move" the way I want my pants to "hang and move."

• Pat did mention that "joggers are no longer optional."  Soooooo not my style.  Too athletic / sporty looking for my lifestyle.
Contributor

Re: 3 Hr. show / nothing of interest

To each his own. I ordered 4 items - 2 pairs of the faux suede leggings and 2 tops. Love them for fall.

Respected Contributor

That’s great! Just think how much money you saved.

Honored Contributor

I love her tops, but the ones I like have become more expensive than I'm willing to pay.  However, yesterday I ordered her fleece coat that's going to be the TSV.  Ordered the houndstooth.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMomlol  I watched a bit.  Bought nothing at all.   BUT I don't think of it as saving any money.  I didn't watch with the idea of buying anything to begin with.

I might watch the new diamond shows, but I haven't bought jewelry since October of 2012.  Not sure I can say I saved a few thousand dollars when I also don't buy some today.

Honored Contributor

I watched some of the show and ordered A369038 the printed ankle pants in olive.  They look cute but we'll see when they arrive.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I love her tops, but the ones I like have become more expensive than I'm willing to pay.  However, yesterday I ordered her fleece coat that's going to be the TSV.  Ordered the houndstooth.

@Krimpette 

I like some of her tops ... that's mainly what I buy from SG.  I prefer her wovens over her knit tops. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

I watched some of the show and ordered A369038 the printed ankle pants in olive.  They look cute but we'll see when they arrive.

@haddon9 

I saw them and was interested until she said that she cut them to come in slightly at the knee.  I prefer my pants to fall straight from the hip.  I have narrow || body ... don't want curvy pants.

ETA:  A few years ago when she first came out with printed pants,  bought a couple of pairs.  They had been cut with "hips" and I had to alter the side seams so I didn't have bulging fabric on my sides!

Regular Contributor

I have never found anything of interest from SG.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I'm a big fan of her liquid knit for tops.  But I do like a whole lot of her line......and it shows, if you look in my closet!!!!!