Esteemed Contributor

Re: $3,800 Worth Of They Cant Be Serious

:smileysurprised

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

When I saw this coat on the Nordstrom website I could not believe it. What fashion buyer would ever buy this for any of the Nordstrom’s stores? I am living in Seattle and we have a lot of young, well to do people who shop exclusively at Nordstromand I have seen. Lot of unusual styles, but this outfit is stupid. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NO WAY!  This is the usual high style.

I shudder to think of when we lose Ralph Lauren and his quality standards and beautiful clothing.

Honored Contributor

To play devils advocate here:  IF you live in a large city where you talk to work and it is rainy or snow melty day you would arrive at work with a clean coat tail and clean legs.  Zip off the bottom and you are clean and fresh. 

Put on your heels at the end of the day, and go out to dinner with a clean coat and hose. 

Honored Contributor

What a great idea!

LOL

Valued Contributor

Cannot wait to see the Denim & co knockoff for $49.99!

Esteemed Contributor

Can you turn it upside down and wear the red puffer jacket and hood on top? and the camel hair coat on the bottom? Put your legs thru the arms of the coat?  Now that would make it worth the price!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@september wrote:

I think designers do things like this to get attention.  Some may actually buy this...just because they can.   But overall, I think it will just make other more conventional buyers, check out what else they have to offer this season. 

I agree.  Look at the space we’ve devoted to talking about this brand.  Good publicity.  I like the basic coat a lot.

Honored Contributor

I got nothin. 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Having that puffer section to sit on will come in handy if you have certain physical problems.

@ALRATIBA  I was thinking along that line for those of us that have 'slick' winter weather. It could cushion a fall .Smiley Happy