Trusted Contributor

2nd Joan Rivers Show on Tue 1 am PT

Haven't seen any posts about this 2nd show - co-hosted by David & Jennifer Coffey (who said she only worked with Joan once in her 3 years). All Clearance show.

David mentioned in the beginning that he was wearing a gold bee pin for Joan (that he hadn't talked about yesterday morning), "near his heart" & that at the funeral "all the guys" working for them wore bee pins too. They replayed Dennis Basso's film clip They showed photos of Joan wearing the items up for sale, when available, which was nice. With the A-258684 cape, David showed a photo of Joan about to take the ALS ice bucket challenge while wearing it! (So Joan proved it was indeed washable!)

I bought the black cardinal print scarf.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2nd Joan Rivers Show on Tue 1 am PT

I watched a little bit, it was 3am here..and went back to sleep. Saw the cardinal scarf, very pretty! Enjoy! I did order the quilted faux leather jacket on her earlier show Monday..just want something of Joan's I can treasure! Wish I'd seen the clips, David is a class act!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I had watched the show with David and Jill--great show. I just stumbled upon the 1 a.m. show. I ordered a jacket--with lace trim. I have several of Joan's jackets and necklaces. A lovely lady gone too soon. The shows were tastefully done.

Honored Contributor

I truly do have to wonder if her estate is going to be able to salvage this line for the long haul with her gone... I get it that right now everyone wants a piece of something "Joan", but without her around to stir that pot, I really have my doubts. I have to wonder whether David and a host, without Joan, are only going to be able to go so far...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I sincerely doubt I will be buying much JR product from now on, stuff that she didn't have her finger in, or design. Frankly, David is just too boring, esp. after having Joan. No one can replace her.

Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 KathyLFan said:

I sincerely doubt I will be buying much JR product from now on, stuff that she didn't have her finger in, or design. Frankly, David is just too boring, esp. after having Joan. No one can replace her.

David is not boring at all. He is a class act and does extremely well presenting all her products. I have really enjoyed watching him these past few days.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/14/2014 luvpoos said:
On 10/14/2014 KathyLFan said:

David is not boring at all. He is a class act and does extremely well presenting all her products. I have really enjoyed watching him these past few days.

I agree, Joan would be proud he's carrying on for her! I enjoy watching him too, always have!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

Very unusual for me to wake up in the middle of the night but I couldn't get back to sleep and discovered the show was on so saw the 2nd hour. David was so informative. I've never watched Joan's fashion shows before and didn't realize how well made they are. He pointed out pockets on both sides of the reversible vest without making it bulky, real buttons that open on the bracelet sleeved jacket sleeves and pockets, etc. He was truly touched at the response from the viewers about Joan. What a great guy - he referenced designers' influences on some of the pieces and the current trends from designers - lots of trim in the same fabric as the piece etc. Well worth watching and one of these days I'll have to try some of these fashions. I love Joan's watches and have many of them and a few of her Victorian pins from the Kathy Levine era, one egg pendant and her clip earrings are great but had no knowledge of the fashions except that Joan always looked classy in them and they truly seem to be classics. And Jennifer looked gorgeous in everything she tried on. It demonstrated that the jackets look custom tailored.

Super Contributor

On the first show with Jill, David did mention the bee pin. He said he was wearing a gold one and he will be wearing it going forward.