Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2022 Soul Train Music Awards Red Carpet

Chantee Moore can sing on the Whistle register like the late great Minnie Ripperton @CANDLEQUEEN 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset  Thanks for that link.  I never knew Morris was a drummer.....interesting.  Morris had on heavy facial makeup.  His whole body is freckled.  I gather freckles does not look good on tv.  Jamie Foxx also is full bodied freckled.

I would love to check out his last tour.  I checked online for the 2023 dates & saw none.  I guess he's still working out the details.

Morris is still toruing under Morris Day & The Time.  At least till Jan 2023.

Check this out from the Last Call album.......

Morris Day - Grown Man ft. Big Daddy Kane 

BDK looks high as a kite!  Still looking good though.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset  wrote: Chantee Moore can sing on the Whistle register like the late great Minnie Ripperton @CANDLEQUEEN 

"Chantee's got a man @ home"  My favorite song from Chantee Moore ! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoeswrote:

@gertrudeclosetwrote: Chantee Moore can sing on the Whistle register like the late great Minnie Ripperton @CANDLEQUEEN

"Chantee's got a man @ home" My favorite song from Chantee Moore !

@Goodie2shoesI have heard her sing all those songs on her debut album. She put's a different spin on the song "It's Alright" when does it live. The album version is beautiful, but she will begin singing the song again only in the whistle register. I've found at least three videos of her doing it live like that. I never knew she could do that. She is a favorite of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

@gertrudeclosetThanks for that link. I never knew Morris was a drummer.....interesting. Morris had on heavy facial makeup. His whole body is freckled. I gather freckles does not look good on tv. Jamie Foxx also is full bodied freckled.

I would love to check out his last tour. I checked online for the 2023 dates & saw none. I guess he's still working out the details.

Morris is still toruing under Morris Day & The Time. At least till Jan 2023.

Check this out from the Last Call album.......

Morris Day - Grown Man ft. Big Daddy Kane

BDK looks high as a kite! Still looking good though.

@Mz iMacHe said there will be a lot of guests on his last album. A lot of names he rattled off, I know who they are, but don't check for their music. Nice for him to do some collabs to get the sales up! He's still got the great sense of humour too!

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset

Thanks for posting. I always like looking at red carpet looks.

Morris Day and the woman with him look fabulous. I also like the black suit and dark grey overcoat worn by another gentleman. Looks like there's some texture in both his pieces.