Respected Contributor

Re: 2022 SAG Awards on the Carpet Looks

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@kitcat51  I don't think she looks hideous nor hilarious, although I would say the sleeves on her gown have " a Morticia Addams thing " going on.  But in terms of some of the other dresses shown, hers is hardly the worst, in my eyes anyway.  Fran looks pretty good for 64.

The dress makes her look like she has additional arms that go to the floor, that's definitely hideous & hilarious. I don't care how old Fran is, she looks healthy & happy...the dress simply let her down.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my favorite look of the evening

The perfect fit! Cate's gown fit the actress like a glove
(Cate Blanchett)
Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@kitcat51  I don't think she looks hideous nor hilarious, although I would say the sleeves on her gown have " a Morticia Addams thing " going on.  But in terms of some of the other dresses shown, hers is hardly the worst, in my eyes anyway.  Fran looks pretty good for 64.

I agree with this completely -- and I'm not even a Fran Drescher fan.  But facts are facts.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I saw several gowns I liked.  The other gowns were sad and wouldn't make most women feel beautiful, and I thought "Why?".

After all of the achievement and what it took to get there, you should feel beautiful!!!

@ECBGMost everything I've posted would most definitely make "me" feel beautiful.  Plz speak for yourself and to your own needs in terms of what women like/want.  We're not a monolithic group.  As if you are the epitome of what's beautiful?

I would posit she did speak for herself, just as it seems did you. Personally, I happen to agree with her assessment.

@steviebshe said most women.  That's not speaking for herself or are you blinded by okie doke?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I don't like any of these dresses.

Yours is a decent enough response.  YOU don't like them.  I do.  But had the "other person spoke for herself" and not "other women" I would not have made any mention.  She can't speak for me.  She shouldn't be speaking for the rest of us either. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy  - Wow that is a gorgeous dress on the beautiful Cate Blanchett.  That is also my favorite look.  Stunning!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  - Kerry Washington is looking pretty darn good.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal :  Woman Happy

To me, everything is perfect about the whole look, including Cate's hairstyle with the deep side part and waves.