Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 Fall’s Biggest Fashion Trends

The lavender leather suit is absolutely beautiful in my opinion and I also love the black leather jacket, both stylish and classy.  I also like the sequined flapper dress!  Very nice.

I am not a fan of boots no matter what style and especially over the knee boots.  I used to wear them years ago but once that trend faded I never desired to wear boots again. My taste changed.

I love the fall/winter months and start to change my wardrobe from summer to winter at the beginning of November.  September and October are usually still warm.  Whenever I change my clothes to a different season I try to downsize as I have entirely too many pieces, tops and bottoms.  I will do the same when the time comes if not before.  I usually donate my clothes .  

Thanks for the fashions, it is always fun to see what the trends are even if I don't follow them!!!!!

Respected Contributor

We who live in four seasons have to constantly change wardrobes as temperatures rise and drop.

I receive a lot of emails from fancy department stores like Saks, Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and I have already perused pages of Fall fashions just to see what will be trending.

However, I am at the age where I see the same fashions coming and going, sometimes decades later.  Been there, done that--minis,  leather, wedges,  disco looks, halters, leg warmers, tall boots, punk rock, skinny pants, wide pants, booties, etc., etc.  I also have many wonderful cashmere sweaters that can last forever as long as I take good care of them. 

I have evolved to have a more traditional, elegant style which is a bit timeless, and no longer requires constant new purchases.  I use QVC mainly to purchase disposable casual comfy clothes, and I still buy some fancy gowns for special occasions, although I am almost at the stage where I require nothing new.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I dislike fall and always have. I find fall depressing since I was old enough to recognize the change.

I prefer the seasons where jewel tones rule!

@ECBG - I won't let anyone or any 'trend' dictate what I wear or purchase. 

I completely skip sone colors regardless of the 'popularity'. Fall doesn't mean only traditional seasonal colors like brown, amber, copper etc. 

These are supposedly the Fall 2022 colors:

According to Pantone Color Institute experts, colors for Autumn/Winter 2022/2023 New York reflect our hybridized lifestyles and our contradictory yearnings as we continue forward into this new landscape. Colors for Autumn/Winter 2022/2023 support our need for nurturing and tactility, as well as a calm and restorative space, fulfilling our yearning for comfort.

Concurrently, the colors also illustrate our need to break free of restraint and embrace the joy of being alive through super bright hues expressing energy boosting vitality and the celebration of life.

“Colors for Autumn/Winter 2022/2023 contrast our competing desires for calm and comfort with energy boosting vitality through a range of restful and restorative colors, in tandem with exuberant tones,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. “As we move forward into an environment filled with contradiction, hues for Autumn/Winter 2022/2023 enable consumers to move fluidly between a range of contrasting shades, allowing them to spontaneously express who they are and how they feel on any given day.”

98CAA12E-95CF-43DF-A1C6-6F310B0E636C.jpeg

7A0E108E-0E32-485C-9476-5A4EE3832464.jpeg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I don't let anything dictate to me either.

I am a "winter complexion" and turn green with anything on the yellow side of the colorwheel except lemon yellow.  I do have a more blue based olive green pair of capris for fall which will get a black or navy top.

I follow Pantone as well, having written Interior Design curriculum for 10 years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't follow trends. My main outfit is jeans, tee shirt, camp shirts or flowy tops. Sometimes light sequins. Dusters (both long and shorter). Cooler weather I go with turtlenecks or sweaters. I don't care if any of them are currently in style.

I wear bright colors or sometimes black or gray, doesn't matter the season.  I prefer ankle boots rather than knee length. Heels no higher than inch or inch and a half. 

I like leather, but don't own any. If I did it would be artificial mostly because of cost. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I'm more interested in color trends than in styles. 

I have a personal style that hasn't changed since JFK was in the WH!  The only things that change are the colors.

Over the past few weeks, I've been ordering yarn for some fall sweaters, scarves, etc., etc.   And - a few things are on the hooks and needles - yarn that I bought last year.  

And ... the colors are all similar to those shown here.  

Yarn companies have done a great job this year on colors. I stocked up on all my favorite colors!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At my age I've seen just about every trend come, go, and come back again in some iteration.

My style is fairly classic so any extreme takes on trends just aren't my style. 

I always wear leather pieces in cooler weather, but I won't be dressing in it head to toe like a biker. I wear my leather jackets with jeans, tailored trousers, dresses, and skirts. I don't mind a bit of glamour and sparkle. I own a couple of pieces with subtle embellishments, but I wouldn't wear an item completely covered in them. 

I will not be wearing over the knee boots, catsuits, punk looks, or anything super oversized. Just not my style. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

At my age I've seen just about every trend come, go, and come back again in some iteration.

My style is fairly classic so any extreme takes on trends just aren't my style. 

I always wear leather pieces in cooler weather, but I won't be dressing in it head to toe like a biker. I wear my leather jackets with jeans, tailored trousers, dresses, and skirts. I don't mind a bit of glamour and sparkle. I own a couple of pieces with subtle embellishments, but I wouldn't wear an item completely covered in them. 

I will not be wearing over the knee boots, catsuits, punk looks, or anything super oversized. Just not my style. 

@wilma - a person can adopt or add a trend without 'going to extreme'...whatever that means.

Just bc 'biker' or 'punk' is trending does not mean a person styles an outfit in it from head to toe..we're you just joking? 

I have a flair for styling and incorporating trends utilizing my existing wardrobe and selectively buying something new like an accessory or boots. And I don't look like I'm wearing a 'costume'. I dress in a contemporary manner

Sometimes in your posts, you come across as a bit snooty and condescending as it pertains to styles that are not 'classic'. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Well I won't be buying much this season....🙁

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Well I won't be buying much this season....🙁

@Effie54  - don't despair! There will be plenty of fashion and accessory options. I doubt that Q or H will go to 'extremes' in their offering of any of these trends

What is likely to be offered on a broader scale is the 'trending colors' That's what I've noticed from previous season collections. When neon was trending, I noticed more retailers offering neon colors in fashion and accessories. 

There's no need for anyone to be sad, mad, or left out. Just take a pass on what you don't like and look for what you do like - no one is being forced or required to like/adopt/shop new trends. 

Here's to having a FUN and STYLISH Fall 2022 🥂