Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 Fall’s Biggest Fashion Trends

Of the trending colors, I already have some in my wardrobe - olive, light and midnight blue, light pink. Marlawynne has done a nice job curating her color palettes to offer sone of the color trends which goes back several seasons. She has helped me to build a wardrobe that utilizes older pieces with new. 

Of the trending colors Marla's midnight blue is gorgeous; olive and prairie sand which looks similar to the Pantone Samoan Sun. 

I will definitely skip some of the trending colors. But I am interested in the fuchsia and emerald green.

Marla has a new blazer to drop in Sept that supposedly has emerald green as an option.

Nordstrom has some fuchsia color tops from Vince Camuto and a pea coat in a pretty tone called Burgundy Punch. I'm waiting to see what else will be offered in the emerald green and fuchsia tones before I make a purchase 

F6BBDC7C-3F1F-4967-8B59-9273A70B8ED5.jpeg

BA6A64D4-F4AD-4BD4-BA84-3212BD30B887.jpeg

8B154B32-687D-4FD1-B728-97D11D49A7AC.jpeg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

New trends and styles are always fun to look at, but I continue to wear my indigo straight-leg jeans, white shirt, comfortable booties with a colorful sweater when it's cold. I know what I look good in and feel good in, and that's trendy to me.

Fortunately, I have and wear lots of leather outerwear. I've always been a leather nut.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Several of these styles wili be great for Halloween. Also I do not not think there will be much purchasing--prices are so hight!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@wilma wrote:

At my age I've seen just about every trend come, go, and come back again in some iteration.

My style is fairly classic so any extreme takes on trends just aren't my style. 

I always wear leather pieces in cooler weather, but I won't be dressing in it head to toe like a biker. I wear my leather jackets with jeans, tailored trousers, dresses, and skirts. I don't mind a bit of glamour and sparkle. I own a couple of pieces with subtle embellishments, but I wouldn't wear an item completely covered in them. 

I will not be wearing over the knee boots, catsuits, punk looks, or anything super oversized. Just not my style. 

@wilma - a person can adopt or add a trend without 'going to extreme'...whatever that means.

Just bc 'biker' or 'punk' is trending does not mean a person styles an outfit in it from head to toe..we're you just joking? 

I have a flair for styling and incorporating trends utilizing my existing wardrobe and selectively buying something new like an accessory or boots. And I don't look like I'm wearing a 'costume'. I dress in a contemporary manner

Sometimes in your posts, you come across as a bit snooty and condescending as it pertains to styles that are not 'classic'. 

@Chi-town girl 

I don't really understand your criticism of my post. You asked how we felt about fall trends and how we would incorporate them, and I just stated my opinions like others did. We're all different in what we like to wear and how we style clothing. I've posted before that style is very personal, and I'm glad we have lots of choices in fashion. 

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to see the new fashion offers/events offering items in the two colors on my wishlist  😎 We're just getting started!!!

I ordered these from the recent QVC CCB event. Expecting delivery by the weekend. Don't expect to be wearing them yet, but soon!

And I am going to start looking at my current collections to coordinate pieces with these new cardigans. I plan to wear the cardigans in the common manner, but am also very interested to see how they will look styled under jackets/blazers.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I'm very much looking forward to MarlaWynne's HSN Sept TS.

It will be a blazer -- one or possibly both of my wishlist colors will be offered in one of these styles 

C6B92923-EC08-4FB4-87A6-539C609E1DF4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@wilma wrote:

At my age I've seen just about every trend come, go, and come back again in some iteration.

My style is fairly classic so any extreme takes on trends just aren't my style. 

I always wear leather pieces in cooler weather, but I won't be dressing in it head to toe like a biker. I wear my leather jackets with jeans, tailored trousers, dresses, and skirts. I don't mind a bit of glamour and sparkle. I own a couple of pieces with subtle embellishments, but I wouldn't wear an item completely covered in them. 

I will not be wearing over the knee boots, catsuits, punk looks, or anything super oversized. Just not my style. 

@wilma - a person can adopt or add a trend without 'going to extreme'...whatever that means.

Just bc 'biker' or 'punk' is trending does not mean a person styles an outfit in it from head to toe..we're you just joking? 

I have a flair for styling and incorporating trends utilizing my existing wardrobe and selectively buying something new like an accessory or boots. And I don't look like I'm wearing a 'costume'. I dress in a contemporary manner

Sometimes in your posts, you come across as a bit snooty and condescending as it pertains to styles that are not 'classic'. 

@Chi-town girl 

I don't really understand your criticism of my post. You asked how we felt about fall trends and how we would incorporate them, and I just stated my opinions like others did. We're all different in what we like to wear and how we style clothing. I've posted before that style is very personal, and I'm glad we have lots of choices in fashion. 

@wilma  - I see what you posted on ECGC's fall fashion thread. It was descriptive and informative, and you stated what you bought and how you were going to update your wardrobe. Why didn't you do that here? 

You chose to post a negative and snooty comment on this thread. This has happened before, I believe last year on the same topic. Same with ECBC - a comment about hating Fall here and lalala on her thread. It's just odd, but whatever! I think you accomplished what you intended here, it's not kind or considerate or dialog worthy. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
New trends and styles are always fun to look at, but I continue to wear my indigo straight-leg jeans, white shirt, comfortable booties with a colorful sweater when it's cold. I know what I look good in and feel good in, and that's trendy to me.

Fortunately, I have and wear lots of leather outerwear. I've always been a leather nut.

@tototwo  - I too like to look at new and trends, selectively purchasing new if it's something that I can personally enjoy/incorporate.

I have a decent collection of leather and suede, real and faux so it's not a priority for new purchases for myself, but I'm interested to see the new. I would consider something in a different color like the forest green

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

The lavender leather suit is absolutely beautiful in my opinion and I also love the black leather jacket, both stylish and classy.  I also like the sequined flapper dress!  Very nice.

I am not a fan of boots no matter what style and especially over the knee boots.  I used to wear them years ago but once that trend faded I never desired to wear boots again. My taste changed.

I love the fall/winter months and start to change my wardrobe from summer to winter at the beginning of November.  September and October are usually still warm.  Whenever I change my clothes to a different season I try to downsize as I have entirely too many pieces, tops and bottoms.  I will do the same when the time comes if not before.  I usually donate my clothes .  

Thanks for the fashions, it is always fun to see what the trends are even if I don't follow them!!!!!

Thank you @spiderw, appreciate your kind and respectful response

Honored Contributor

It is fun to see the latest fashion trends---most times I have to laugh out loud at them--  95% of the trends would ever find their way into my closet. I do refresh every year tho--with a few new pieces but no leather or thigh high boots or razzle-dazzle fringe ---we had a very cold spring so I was able to buy warm things that I will wear in the coming cold months. I dress well but not super  trendy for the most part. I have  no intention of buying much, maybe some rain boots--I live near Seattle.  Fashion is not that important to me----