Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2021 BET Music Awards Red Carpet

@Alter Ego wrote:

I just don’t judge the fashions of any music awards show the same as I do something like the Emmy’s. It’s just a different creative mindset.

From those listed, I like H.E.R. the best. I’ve seen Taraji look better. And I wish Queen Latifah wouldn’t have worn those striped socks - they are giving me Wicked Witch of the East vibes (and I really love her!)

edited because I just saw Megan Thee Stallion's photo and she looks pretty incredible too! 🔥 

@Alter Ego those are not socks.  That's her shoe....Designer duds!  Queen Latifah can't do anything wrong in my book.  Ever.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

poor lil kim is just a character of herself, and those thighs, should not be showcased as such. 

@kittyloo She was trying to keep up with Niki Minaj (and now Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion).  It's all part of the "look for female rappers."  They all have the same aesthetic.  She's not relevant anymore.  She tried though.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it's prudent to keep one's opinion to one's self, this is such a time for me. 

Respected Contributor

Yikes...hideous & hilarious.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

I just don’t judge the fashions of any music awards show the same as I do something like the Emmy’s. It’s just a different creative mindset.

From those listed, I like H.E.R. the best. I’ve seen Taraji look better. And I wish Queen Latifah wouldn’t have worn those striped socks - they are giving me Wicked Witch of the East vibes (and I really love her!)

edited because I just saw Megan Thee Stallion's photo and she looks pretty incredible too! 🔥 

@Alter Ego those are not socks.  That's her shoe....Designer duds!  Queen Latifah can't do anything wrong in my book.  Ever.

@gertrudecloset  - @Alter Ego  is correct about Queen Latifah's socks.  She is wearing black socks with horizontal white stripes.  I agree they should have been left out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

@gertrudecloset  - @Alter Ego  is correct about Queen Latifah's socks.  She is wearing black socks with horizontal white stripes.  I agree they should have been left out. 

@San Antonio Gal Oh well.  I don't, but it doesn't matter.  I am familiar with this designer look and know how much the shoes/socks cost.  I'd wear it in a heartbeat.  That's just me though.  LOL.  You see Black and White socks and think hey, tube socks.  LOL.  She's wearing this look correctly.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Designer sock shoes?

Givenchy

Balmain Skye Monogram Stiletto Sock Booties

Esteemed Contributor

Queen Latifah is wearing Thom Browne socks.  Ya gotta know some designer names if you're true fashionistas!!!.  Only way I'd spend $150.00 for a pair of socks is if I could buy more than one pair.  In other words, if I had the coins to do so on the regular.  Thom is famous primarily for men's garments and the four stripe is his signature.  

THOM BROWNE 4-Bar Mélange Wool Pants, Main, color, MED GREY

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Sometimes it's prudent to keep one's opinion to one's self, this is such a time for me. 

I'm sitting with you on the prudent bench.

Esteemed Contributor

To think my Mother was appalled at the Beatles "long" hair in the 60s.  lol

I have no idea who most of these people are.

It took me awhile to figure out what the heck a "Cardi B" was.