Honored Contributor

Re: 2020 Academy Awards Fashion

I don't care for this dress either.  I read a comment that this dress had too much going on.

Olivia Colman is an Oscar-winning queen and can wear whatever she wants, even if it’s a Stella McCartney gown with a bifurcated cape and giant crystal appliques that doesn’t make a lick of sense.

Honored Contributor

No....

Honestly, showing up at the Oscars in a sparkly orange potato sack is kind of a power move from Maya Rudolph.

Honored Contributor

Gag-worthy....

Maybe if this were the first time Rooney Mara had showed up looking like a young widow in a Gothic Victorian romance, we’d be more receptive. But this Alexander McQueen look is predictable and dull.

Justice for Kelly Marie Tran getting cut from “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” And justice for Tran for being put in a dress that makes it look like her torso’s been through a taffy puller.

Trying to figure out why Blac Chyna is at the Oscars is as confusing as her Dona Matosh velvet pinup gown with a slit that's just this side of legal.

British actress Cynthia Erivo, 33, certainly made a statement in an asymmetric white gown, which unfortunately was quickly compared to a toilet roll commerical

Valued Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

IMO that was the worst Oscar red carpet ever. 

TV ratings were WAY DOWN again this year.  Hollywood has lost their way....it's all about political correctness and being vegan now - instead of entertainment.  I haven't watched in YEARS.

Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Brad Pitt

images (6).jpeg

He looks awful!  I have never thought he was handsome. Time has not been a friend to him!

Honored Contributor

Vanity Fair After Party...

Trusted Contributor

If I were going to this Oscar event I would wear a color that stood out in a crowd like

orange dress.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Doesn't show the whole dress but here's a picture of Kelly Ripa's other dress 

images.jpeg

I think I have seen her in that dress before.  

But, I'm not sure, why is she there?  Do the Oscars have a talk show category?  And why do people change clothes once they get there.  I understand if they're performing, but otherwise, I don't get it.  

@Icegoddess Kelly Ripa is there because she does an "After the Oscars Morning Show/Live with Kelly and Ryan.  It was on this morning at 6 AM Pacific time/9 Eastern.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I don't care for this dress either.  I read a comment that this dress had too much going on.

Olivia Colman is an Oscar-winning queen and can wear whatever she wants, even if it’s a Stella McCartney gown with a bifurcated cape and giant crystal appliques that doesn’t make a lick of sense.

This dress is so odd, no words to describe it.  One of the worst - ever -

One of the looks I liked best was Mindy Kahling (sp?) in the gold draped dress w/the to die for diamond statement necklace.  I thought it went with her skin tone beautifully and she looked lovely.

I also thought Brie Larson looked beautiful.  I thought I was over the caped effect, but she wore her gown so beautifully - I thought she looked perfect in it. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Vanity Fair After Party...

I like this look soooo much more than what he wore to the Oscars!!