Honored Contributor

Re: 2020 Academy Awards Fashion

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Doesn't show the whole dress but here's a picture of Kelly Ripa's other dress 

images.jpeg

I think I have seen her in that dress before.  

But, I'm not sure, why is she there?  Do the Oscars have a talk show category?  And why do people change clothes once they get there.  I understand if they're performing, but otherwise, I don't get it.  

@Icegoddess Kelly Ripa is there because she does an "After the Oscars Morning Show/Live with Kelly and Ryan.  It was on this morning at 6 AM Pacific time/9 Eastern.

@Trinity11 I know about the show, I just didn't realize it got her onto the Red Carpet and into the Awards show.  And why would she need to change clothes after going inside.  I know Ryan was interviewing backstage though.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Doesn't show the whole dress but here's a picture of Kelly Ripa's other dress 

images.jpeg

I think I have seen her in that dress before.  

But, I'm not sure, why is she there?  Do the Oscars have a talk show category?  And why do people change clothes once they get there.  I understand if they're performing, but otherwise, I don't get it.  

@Icegoddess Kelly Ripa is there because she does an "After the Oscars Morning Show/Live with Kelly and Ryan.  It was on this morning at 6 AM Pacific time/9 Eastern.

@Trinity11 I know about the show, I just didn't realize it got her onto the Red Carpet and into the Awards show.  And why would she need to change clothes after going inside.  I know Ryan was interviewing backstage though.  

@Icegoddess 

At least Kelly has actress on her resume. What bothers me more is all the reality stars?!

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Her show is owned by the same network and, since itis entertainment focused (heck, now even Ryan Seacrest is on it!), it's a natural fit to get it on screen.  Consider all of the red carpet correspondents they now have - many are from other shows on the network.  Just cross advertising.

And why change her dress?  Because she can (and I'm not saying that in a snarky way!)

(sorry for formatting mess!  I wanted to just reply to the last comment, but had the hardest time getting rid of the previous posts, and just let it go!)