Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2020 Academy Awards Fashion

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Kelly Ripa looks stunning.  I love her gown.  

Bill Porter - May God help him as that boy is a mess.  Hollywood just eats him up -- go figure.

I like the white gown on the first paqe of this thread but would have preferred a white rose instead of red.

A couple of women are wearing 3 inch platform heels which are probably 4 or 6 in. heels.  They are hideous.  You don't wear platforms with an evening gown.  You should wear something feminine to compliement your gown.

Penelope Cruz was very pretty in black Chanel with a white rose.

Renee Zellweger in a white gown was okay.  I think I would have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Charlize -  Nothing special in black.  She has really aged quickly.  She is attractive but I guess I was surprised that she is much older now.

Can someone post a picture of Kelly Ripa as she changed just before the show into a beautiful gown? Thanks

@Diamonds22  Go to page 5, post 46 @Greeneyedlady21 posted the

photo.

Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 - I think he looks silly. Call me old fashioned but men don't wear dresses. I just think men should dress like men. To each his own I guess. 

Honored Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

Natalie Portman embroidered the names of the snubbed female directors on her cape. I love that!

NiceSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Kelly Ripa looks stunning.  I love her gown.  

Bill Porter - May God help him as that boy is a mess.  Hollywood just eats him up -- go figure.

I like the white gown on the first paqe of this thread but would have preferred a white rose instead of red.

A couple of women are wearing 3 inch platform heels which are probably 4 or 6 in. heels.  They are hideous.  You don't wear platforms with an evening gown.  You should wear something feminine to compliement your gown.

Penelope Cruz was very pretty in black Chanel with a white rose.

Renee Zellweger in a white gown was okay.  I think I would have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Charlize -  Nothing special in black.  She has really aged quickly.  She is attractive but I guess I was surprised that she is much older now.

Can someone post a picture of Kelly Ripa as she changed just before the show into a beautiful gown? Thanks

@Diamonds22  Go to page 5, post 46 @Greeneyedlady21 posted the

photo.

Sorry this wasn't the black dress. She changed into a beautiful colorful dress & was being interviewed on ABC just before 8 P.M. I just caught a glimpse of it & would like to see the full dress. I don't know how to find the picture & post it. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Laura Dern. Disappointed in her dress

images.jpeg

Looks like a melting chocolate-dipped strawberry ice cream cone.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Spike Lee paying tribute to Kobe

EQXo-QEW4AAdZOn.jpeg

Skulls on a cross -- demented.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Billy Porter

Billy Porter, gold dress, royal, gold platform heels, celebrity style, red carpet, 92nd Annual Academy Awards, Arrivals, Los Angeles, USA - 09 Feb 2020

Wins the prize for most pathetic get-up.

Esteemed Contributor

@vsm : Didn't Charleze win an Oscar for that part?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe  Billy may be a very good actor; however, it's the way he dresses that is questionable.  It's like he wants attention -- look at me.  I personally think he looks silly in dresses.  Joan Rivers would have had some fun with his wardrobe.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

IMO that was the worst Oscar red carpet ever.