Re: 2019 Oscars Fashion

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 @lulu1 @Jordan2 

Here Rd is what I saw when I looked at Charlize Theron last night:

BA8CC9AB-6778-4B15-B64B-F4C84A1C6068.jpeg

4AB53B90-2C29-424B-ADBA-30045A08F13A.jpeg

Flawless, imo.

For those who don’t like her, I don’t know if I do or don’t. However, while she was posing for this shot, the lady who helped her situate her train got a thank you and a very sweet smile! 

Made me think that maybe I did like her. I do think she is a fabulous actress. 

Stunning jewelry.

What is Gaga’s dress doing at the waistline.

Kacey what’s-her-name was really being “pushed” at the Grammy’s. I really can’t imagine why.

Julia Roberts is easy to like, for me.

She exudes warmth. (Maybe She is msybe not)

To my way of thinking, Helen Miren glowed on stage and in that color. She and Allison Janey always hit the mark.

AWFUL PERSON.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

Billy Porter

20190224_183144.png

Michelle Yeoh looks beautiful. Also, Constance Wu's yellow dress is so happy Smiley Happy

ETA

Michelle Yeoh's dress reminds me a lot of something Fan Bingbing would wear. 

What is this guy wearing lol

Not original, though. 

20190225_094619.png

@ILTH 

Reading about House of Extravaganza it's not a fashion house but more of an underground NYC club scene.  And the difference, the one on the left has a tulle skirt so tux on the top, tutu on the bottom (and looks like there are pants below the tulle).

I wish I was able to copy pics -- I'm having a hard time, maybe because some are copyrighted? -- but check out this gorgeous shot of Billy Porter, who is not in drag, wearing the gown.  This pic is so cool!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuUYMHkHG_V/

I know the differences. Porter's was absolutely a copy of/greatly inspired by Hector Xtravaganza's outfit.  Certainly, it was taken to the next level.  Whether it was supposed to be an homage or Siriano trying to get one by, I don't know. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to remind posters that Guliana Rancic had a double mastectomy and that is why she has "fake" breasts. Speaking from experience, even with top notch reconstruction you are never the same. Seeing the pictures of the two rocks was a little upsetting for me and might be for others.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Many of the ensembles look quite different on the telecast from the still photos on the red carpet (colors, etc.). I like several of the dresses chosen.

A lot of the time they look very different in person too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@lmt Honestly, I missed a good part of it but I think many, if not most, who aren't nominated stay away. I don't think it's unusual. Maybe it's not that enjoyable, like having to go to that office Christmas party year after year.

@Harvard99  It may or may not be enjoyable, but I would think most of them would LOVE to get all dressed up and be photographed on the red carpet. It's free publicity for them.

Not everyone enjoys going.  A lot of them only go if nominated or if they've been asked to present.  And they're working actors, so they could be on location for films or unavailable for other reasons.

The big draw during awards season is actually the Golden Globes because it has a well-deserved reputation for being more of a fun night (from their point of view).  The Oscars can become tedious, and it's not uncommon for some of them to duck out early.