Honored Contributor

LOL, I would not call this fashion more like

The Oscars The Good, Bad and the Ugly

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@lmt Honestly, I missed a good part of it but I think many, if not most, who aren't nominated stay away. I don't think it's unusual. Maybe it's not that enjoyable, like having to go to that office Christmas party year after year.

@Harvard99  It may or may not be enjoyable, but I would think most of them would LOVE to get all dressed up and be photographed on the red carpet. It's free publicity for them.

They're all beautiful, rich and probably don't need or care for all that recognition anymore.  They've been at it for years now.  Maybe some newcomers are ready to grab all that attention.  Just my thought.
Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Oscars Fashion

[ Edited ]

I have seen Charlize as a brunette before, and in my opinion she looks much better blond. Her dress was o.k.-not one of her best looks in my opinion. Worst dressed to me were:

Kacey Musgraves

Linda Cardinelli(sp)

The guy who were a dress-horrible!!!!!!!

So far my favorites are:

Regina King

Lady Gaga

Gemma Khan

I will finish looking at the photos, my lists may change! lol!ok a couple more..I think Rachel Weisz is so pretty but did not like her dressor her hair last night. The top of her dress was too shiny...Maya Rudolph dress was horrible-just awful!

I did really also like:

Julia Roberts

Jennifer Hudson

Michelle Yeoh

Brie Larson

But for me Lady Gaga took home the prize-very Old Glam Hollywood-she rocked that look last night!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of who was missing from the red carpet, I just realized that I didn’t see any photos of Heidi Klum - and it always seems like she’s at every awards show even if it makes no sense for her to be.  Just looked at her Insta and see that she attended Elton John’s after party.  Actually one of her better looks, from what I can see.

41EBEBE3-6C89-43FD-BC20-D9DD438CAB5C.jpeg

Otherwise, I don’t blame the other women listed for not being there if they have nothing to pitch/advertise.  It’s probably a couple hours on the red carpet and then a possible 4 hour show.  If they want to go out, there’s always the more fun after parties.  I would guess Julia Roberts came at the last minute to present the final award.

Respected Contributor

This might be my favorite:

Finale: She didn't walk the red carpet. So it was a huge surprise when Julia Roberts made her entrance at the 91st Academy Awards on Sunday to present the final Oscar of the night

Trusted Contributor

Maya’s dress is a mess

Trusted Contributor

Too much

Trusted Contributor

Awful 

Trusted Contributor

Ugly 

Frequent Contributor
Just too skinny for such a revealing top, too sad.