Esteemed Contributor

For the busy moms: we are ALL busy

THE KIDS ARE CRAZY: why? my kids weren’t.

The California cool lifestyle: I live in LA, we wear what everyone else wears minus the winter coat. I guess the Hamptons is so 2018

It’s a neutral!: ummm no that olive green doesn’t go with much.

Just noticing what they told the host to emphasize this year.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

LOL i see people wearing winter coats in southern california......when it gets below 70 degrees.......Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL i see people wearing winter coats in southern california......when it gets below 70 degrees.......Smiley LOL

@I guess it’s cool to be hot and hot to be cool these days.I see people wearing shorts,sweatshirt and beanies when the weather dips below freezing here.My postal worker never changes from his summer outfit. You 

Honored Contributor

Buzz words = selling tactics. 

Sometimes they use so many buzz words that they run out of time to give us actual details about the garment. I also don’t need a litany of places or events telling me where I can wear an item. 

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I see fleece jackets. I see heavy sweatshirts. Heavy winter coats, gloves and fur hats like in Minnesota.Nope.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I lived in CA for 19 years (both LA and SF Bay Area) .  OK ... but not great.

I've been back in NY since 1989 ... and as a native NYer ...  life is much "cooler" here.  

Best way to lose me as a customer is to refer to California cool, or (name a celebrity) cool!

Honored Contributor

They got to fill up time and if buzz words work and bring in more money that is what they are told to do.  I pay very little attention to all that.  I buy what I want and nothing said is going to sway me to buy.  

Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 Fashion Buzz Words

[ Edited ]

Poor California. It can't win for losing. So many sterotypes, so little time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
They really seem to believe certain cities or states have this type of lifestyle. I always hear about how in Arizona and New Mexico, everyone seems to wear Western inspired clothing with fringe and turquoise, they have a laid back desert vibe. Maybe some do, but it's hot there, most people I assume would be in lightweight summer attire, at least during the day. And they also forget New York isn't just NYC or the Hamptons. Good thing I live in Maryland, we don't get stereotyped for fashion, only that we love beer and crabs. 😄
Valued Contributor

So agree it’s just sales tactics.  You’d think everyone in California surfs and looks like Christie Brinkley, everyone in New York City goes to Broadway plays every night and works on Wall St. by day, everyone in the Midwest goes apple picking or pumpkin picking in the fall, and everyone on the east coast walks the boardwalk incessantly.