Trusted Contributor

I like the flounce sleeve if done properly, never cared for Cold Shoulder but love Off-the-shoulder tops.  Also don't care for shark bite tops, layers of ruffles or tent like tops.  I do love fitted clothing.

Respected Contributor

Don't like flapping open cardigans, layering, shark bite or artificial lace hems, cold shoulders, polyester, rough cotton, cotton with nylon, high waists, wide waistbands, short cardis, too long shirts that are too wide on the bottom, tops with one shoulder bigger than another. 

Honored Contributor

Please, I’d be thrilled to see natural fibers again.  I mean 100%, I looked at a ‘wool/ cashmere’ coat the other day that was 65% polyester.  ???

No, No, No.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Re: @ ECBG. Re: 2018 Fashion

Bootsanne, I am so with you! The monotonous styles that have happened in the last few years are SO BORING. QVC used to sell a variety of fashionable clothes, but no more. I've been buying QVC for almost 30 years, and there were amazing fashions then, with different styles. Joan Rivers is turning in her grave with all the schmatta "styles" that's been pushed on us. Enough already, bring back the attractive well made clothes with STYLE! 

Esteemed Contributor

I wish that cheap rayon knit fabric would disappear but I know that isn't going to happen.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, and ladies!  So sorry!  I must have missed this or it flew right over my head!  So verry sorry.

There are things I don't particularly care for in 2018's collections either.  I congradulate anyone who wants to try the wide sleeves, but if that width is at the wrist, right next to my hip, you ladies know I won't do that!  Right now, duster length vests are having a moment.  They can be quite forgiving.

I think the items that will be coming will include a little wider pant leg with all the widths and lengths represented.  Pant lengths will work with shoes so sales stay firm across both markets.  Ralph Lauren closing his flagship store in NYC has caused a lot of grief because his collections in stores probably won't be as big and the site will handle the sales.  There won't be as much RL going around for sure.

There will be some fitted but a lot of loose tops.  Baby boomers have fitting challenges and designers want to sell.  Uneven hems will fade out, but not quite yet.  Stores couldn't move the off the shoulders tops last year, and that's an indicator that we won't have a lot of that.

I'm still waiting for the industry to bring back some longer skirts.  I can't tell you how many times I could sell my skirts last year or had someone looking for them.  Lewis D. could tell 'em a thing or two with the numbers of skirts he sells!

Shark bite will continue but not be as strong.  I like some of it.  I like any vertical line.

We are having large and small ruffles again.  Fringe is having a giant moment.  Shoes, handbags, and hems of tops, pants, and sleeves.

For those of you wanting linen in traditional styles, J Jill would be my go to source.  @bootsanne, If you want traditional items, you might look into vogue patterns and a seamstress.  I'll do anything to get exactly what I'm looking for too.  Hopefully, you have a Dillards.  They carry some beautiful traditional things in their Peter Nyguard line. You go Girl!

The colors coming in are true pink lemon, true light green, light cobolt blue, and beautiful dove gray.  It's almost a page from Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful summer pallette.  I haven't seen a lot of lavendar- yet and it's the Pantone color of the year.

Hope this helps.  This is what I've seen and read about.  If you'd like a really good magazine, I only take Bazzar because In Style doesn't spend enough time on style and I can see star's gowns in line.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Image result for Carole jacksons summer palette

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shanus...just wanted you to see @ECBG's previous post...her notification to you wasn't "live."

EC, that's exactly why I don't like the bell sleeve either!   

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus, and ladies!  So sorry!  I must have missed this or it flew right over my head!  So verry sorry.

There are things I don't particularly care for in 2018's collections either.  I congradulate anyone who wants to try the wide sleeves, but if that width is at the wrist, right next to my hip, you ladies know I won't do that!  Right now, duster length vests are having a moment.  They can be quite forgiving.

I think the items that will be coming will include a little wider pant leg with all the widths and lengths represented.  Pant lengths will work with shoes so sales stay firm across both markets.  Ralph Lauren closing his flagship store in NYC has caused a lot of grief because his collections in stores probably won't be as big and the site will handle the sales.  There won't be as much RL going around for sure.

There will be some fitted but a lot of loose tops.  Baby boomers have fitting challenges and designers want to sell.  Uneven hems will fade out, but not quite yet.  Stores couldn't move the off the shoulders tops last year, and that's an indicator that we won't have a lot of that.

I'm still waiting for the industry to bring back some longer skirts.  I can't tell you how many times I could sell my skirts last year or had someone looking for them.  Lewis D. could tell 'em a thing or two with the numbers of skirts he sells!

Shark bite will continue but not be as strong.  I like some of it.  I like any vertical line.

We are having large and small ruffles again.  Fringe is having a giant moment.  Shoes, handbags, and hems of tops, pants, and sleeves.

For those of you wanting linen in traditional styles, J Jill would be my go to source.  @bootsanne, If you want traditional items, you might look into vogue patterns and a seamstress.  I'll do anything to get exactly what I'm looking for too.  Hopefully, you have a Dillards.  They carry some beautiful traditional things in their Peter Nyguard line. You go Girl!

The colors coming in are true pink lemon, true light green, light cobolt blue, and beautiful dove gray.  It's almost a page from Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful summer pallette.  I haven't seen a lot of lavendar- yet and it's the Pantone color of the year.

Hope this helps.  This is what I've seen and read about.  If you'd like a really good magazine, I only take Bazzar because In Style doesn't spend enough time on style and I can see star's gowns in line.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Image result for Carole jacksons summer palette

@ECBG  Thank you. Comprehensive and professional as usual. I love long skirts, too, even though at 5’1” probably shouldn’t wear them. In cooler weather, I like the look of an ankle length black, tailored skirt, blk. tights and ankle boots...flat heel to “ground” me. I remember hearing a long time ago, shorter the skirt, higher the heel, longer the skirt, lower the heel....Still true?

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @Shanus...just wanted you to see @ECBG's previous post...her notification to you wasn't "live."

EC, that's exactly why I don't like the bell sleeve either!   

Thanks for being on the lookout for me @MacDUFF. 😄

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, Thank you so very much for your kind compliment:smileyvery-happy

I wouldn't go by the old statement about heels.  I'd say go with proportion and comfort.  Flat sandals look cute with a long boho skirt.  If I wear a straight skirt or a dress, I wear this:

Image result for sacha london pumps

They're very comfortable and go with absolutely everything.  The heel is about 2 1/2, if I remember, and the platform really lowers it!

These were my former heels by the comfort shoes Tsubo.

Image result for tsubo heels