Honored Contributor

Re: 2017- What Are You Wearing Today?

Saturday night-

Linea Mardi Gras necklace

It's Mardi Gras anytime you wear this eye-catching necklace from Linea by Louis Dell'Olio. QVC.com:

LE Starfish tunic (sort of like this one)

Image result for land's end starfish lightweight tunic

JCP ANA tank

LE Starfish black leggings

Givenchy boots-

Givenchy Striped Ankle Boot - Snakeskin - Sale:

Trusted Contributor

Nice outfit, you sure can put it all together.  If you could only see me now, long John's under sweatpants, stained sweatshirt, old pill y sweater, socks and slippers. Sometimes I think when they find me dead I will have a sweeper in one hand and a rag in the other.

Esteemed Contributor

Just curious @lolakimono.  Are your boots heavily insured?  You have the most awesome collection!   😊

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

Nice outfit, you sure can put it all together.  If you could only see me now, long John's under sweatpants, stained sweatshirt, old pill y sweater, socks and slippers. Sometimes I think when they find me dead I will have a sweeper in one hand and a rag in the other.

@Nomorebirthdays

Well, I WOULD be wearing the pink cat flannel pajamas from upthread, but BF had to have maintenance done on his car and I had to drive him to drop off/pick up.  We did get out to the gym this a.m. and to the grocery store, so I am dressed from my post- workout shower.  Otherwise, I would be looking like you (minus the sweeper and the rag, LOL)!  It's cold today.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

Just curious @lolakimono.  Are your boots heavily insured?  You have the most awesome collection!   😊

@magicmoodz

No, but I do keep the Givenchy ones in a special place in my closet.  The snakeskin scales catch on everything- very fragile!

BF's car died last night at work and he had to get a jump to get home.  We had dinner plans with a friend, and I knew I was going to wear those boots (got to get the CPW down!)Cat Embarassed but I can't drive in them.  BF was incredulous- "how can you wear boots that you can't drive in?" so he drove my car instead.  Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@magicmoodz

No, but I do keep the Givenchy ones in a special place in my closet.  The snakeskin scales catch on everything- very fragile!

BF's car died last night at work and he had to get a jump to get home.  We had dinner plans with a friend, and I knew I was going to wear those boots (got to get the CPW down!)Cat Embarassed but I can't drive in them.  BF was incredulous- "how can you wear boots that you can't drive in?" so he drove my car instead.  Cat Tongue

@lolakimono

The things we do for fashion!  But I totally get it.  There was a time I could not have a sandal, shoe or boot on my right foot while driving.  I'm so glad I outgrew that habit.  But those beautiful Givenchy boots--are they comfortable to walk in?

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

The things we do for fashion!  But I totally get it.  There was a time I could not have a sandal, shoe or boot on my right foot while driving.  I'm so glad I outgrew that habit.  But those beautiful Givenchy boots--are they comfortable to walk in?

@magicmoodz

Admittedly, I am not a high heel person. Cat Embarassed There are people who can walk "just fine" in those, but I am not one.  I did try to wear them once on a shortened day at school, but it was too much standing. Cat Surprised I usually wear them out to dinner or to a family party at BF's family, where there is a combination of sitting/standing and not a lot of walking.  The problem is that the bottoms are totally slippery, and the curved heel makes driving dicey because they can catch on the pedal (or rip the scales off).  Since I waited 13 years to get my new car, I don't want to cause an accident in the name of boots!  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

@magicmoodz

Admittedly, I am not a high heel person. Cat Embarassed There are people who can walk "just fine" in those, but I am not one.  I did try to wear them once on a shortened day at school, but it was too much standing. Cat Surprised I usually wear them out to dinner or to a family party at BF's family, where there is a combination of sitting/standing and not a lot of walking.  The problem is that the bottoms are totally slippery, and the curved heel makes driving dicey because they can catch on the pedal (or rip the scales off).  Since I waited 13 years to get my new car, I don't want to cause an accident in the name of boots!  

@lolakimono@

I hate to suggest defacing a pair of Givenchy's, but have you considered those little sandpaper-like disks that affix to the sole of the shoe?  I have had to use them on several pair, especially leather soles which can be very slippery.

Esteemed Contributor

No pix but today it snowed...again. This makes the 6th time this winter that we've had snow in the lower mainland of Vancouver, B.C. So I wore my winter boots, a pair of jeans, a top, and my Roots winter parka to shovel the snowy slush off the driveway and sidewalks as well as cleaning the snow off the car.

Later on after I cleaned up I wore a Nygard print top, distressed skinny Mossimo jean, Tony Little black winter boots, a Reitmans faux maroon leather moto jacket and a maroon Regal faux fur vest to go shopping. I'm trying to wear some of the jackets that I haven't worn this winter to decide if I want to hold on to them or not.

Honored Contributor

@TY
I'm just jealous that you live in Vancouver! What a beautiful city