Honored Contributor

Re: 2016 Emmy Awards Fashion

@Chi-town girl wrote:

gettyimages-607575908.jpg

This one is appalling. I know she just had a baby 7 weeks ago and so they probably had to start designing when she was pregnant and had to deal with the fact that her body is going through rapid changes, but this dress says, "I hate my body."

Christian Siriano designed it and says it was a collaboration. (Source: http://celebritybabies.people.com/2016/09/19/emmys-2016-anna-chlumsky-red-carpet/.) I think less collaboration might be in order next time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue- I love seeing Christian Soriano interviewed. I've watched hm since PR ANd he really seems to have grown up and come into his own.

His interviews SOUND AS THOUGH the last thing in the world he's thinking about is any sort of body shaming or negativity. His references to designing for his mother and sister are quite touching.

@Chi-town girlI think the fabric is quite beautiful, and although I'm not overly fond of the look, there are lots of things I can think of that I find more "appalling".

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@ChynnaBlue- I love seeing Christian Soriano interviewed. I've watched hm since PR ANd he really seems to have grown up and come into his own.

His interviews SOUND AS THOUGH the last thing in the world he's thinking about is any sort of body shaming or negativity. His references to designing for his mother and sister are quite touching.

@violann, Siriano is known for working with plus-size women and women left out by other designers, so I was shocked to see his name on this one. I think, based on what I read, that the "I hate my body" issues were coming from Anna, not from him. It sounded like she really wanted odd shapes and to hide because she was uncomfortable with her post-baby body. That's sad. Hollywood sets unfair expectations on new mothers and expects them to pop a baby out, then look 10 pounds lighter than they did before they had the baby just weeks afterward.

Respected Contributor

I guess it's OK to stand in judgement of what people wear when it's your own judgement.

Honored Contributor

Anna Chlumsky needs to fire her stylist ASAP! Wow! She is so cute but this dress-yikes!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

gettyimages-607575908.jpg

This one is appalling. I know she just had a baby 7 weeks ago and so they probably had to start designing when she was pregnant and had to deal with the fact that her body is going through rapid changes, but this dress says, "I hate my body."

Christian Siriano designed it and says it was a collaboration. (Source: http://celebritybabies.people.com/2016/09/19/emmys-2016-anna-chlumsky-red-carpet/.) I think less collaboration might be in order next time.

Anna is so cute, but this is just awful!!!!!!

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl, Thank you so much for creating this post and providing all the great photos!

My personal favorites were:

Kristen Bell - Beautiful Autumn Floral by Zuhair Murad, cut perfect for her petite frame

Angela Bassett - Stunning in Yellow by Christian Siriano (Congrats to her hubby Courtney B. Vance on his well-deserved Emmy win, looking sharp himself)

Priyanka Chopra - Radiant in Red, designed especially for her by Jason Wu

Laverne Cox - Golden Goddess in a sexy number by Naeem Khan

Olivia Culpo - Gorgeous in a strapless, shell embroidered Zac Posen creation

Padma Lakshmi - Dazzling in Sleek Silver by Naeem Khan

Niecy Nash - Gorgeous and Glam in strapless white confection by Christian Siriano

Emily Ratajkowski - Smoldering in Deep Sapphire by Zac Posen

Kerry Washington - Maternity never looked better - wearing Brandon Maxwell, the hot new designer right now

But my #1 Favorite goes to Sarah Paulson, Glorious in Emerald Green Prada with stunning rectangular earrings custom made for her by Wilfredo Rosado.  After being nominated how many times, she finally wins a well-deserved Emmy for her great portrayal of Marcia Clark (who happened to accompany her that night) in The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 - you're welcome! One of those 'hot' designers, Naeem Khan sells a ready to wear line, small/capsule collection at HSN. I've watched his shows in the past, stunning designs & details.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MissRose722 - you're welcome! One of those 'hot' designers, Naeem Khan sells a ready to wear line, small/capsule collection at HSN. I've watched his shows in the past, stunning designs & details.

Thanks so much, Chi-town girl - that is great to know!  Will definitely check it out!

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Thank you for posting the pictures.  I did not see one I liked.   Is It me?