Honored Contributor

Re: $20 off certificate for Talbots

I just used my offer online. I bought a 3/4 sleeve bateau neck t. It's on sale for $20.65. I used my $20 coupon so I paid 65 cents for the top plus 4 cents tax. I got free shipping because I put the 69 cents on my Talbots card. Can't beat that!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Too funny!  Yes, it will be very hard to beat that deal!  It's nice that we have a bit of a cushion of time in which to spend the money....since I'm probably going to go Talbots-hopping and also use it online.  They always "git" me.  

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised that you can use a "one-use" certificate multiple times.  Don't they keep track in the computer that these have already been used?  Seems short sighted on their part if they don't.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I'm surprised that you can use a "one-use" certificate multiple times.  Don't they keep track in the computer that these have already been used?  Seems short sighted on their part if they don't.

@Isobel Archer  I know they can see my order history when they bring up my account after I've swiped my Talbots card to charge something.  However, they don't seem to care if you use it more than once.

Trusted Contributor

I used my $20 certificate online yesterday and tried again today but it didn't work. Funny because the 40% out a few weeks ago worked multiple times for me online.
Honored Contributor

Anyone else make purchases with this yet? (I  haven't).

Respected Contributor

Used mine in early May

Honored Contributor

Today's the last day for the coupon. I just got back into town and headed to Talbots this morning. 

I bought a charming cardigan in royal blue and yet another 3/4 sleeve bateau neck t. 

The cardigan was on sale 30% off. 

I used my coupon, a $50 dollar gift card I had and that left a $7.92 balance. I put that on my Talbots card which currently has a $15.50 credit balance. So nothing out of pocket for me today. 

I didn't want that coupon to go to waste!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I ended up using mine on a red scoopneck tee -- cost me $5 or so with tax. Decided to wait for a percent-off sale for a couple of other items in which I am interested.