Honored Contributor

Re: 20 Year Old Wedding Dress ReWear

The dress reminded me of an old-fashioned negligee from the 40s or 50s.

A bra would have helped.

Respected Contributor

Totally agree with someone upthread. The dress is 20 years old and she can still wear it. Good for her. How many of us can fit into clothes from 20 years ago? I don't think she needed or wanted any foundation garments- she's not a big woman. She's just not super toned. So what? She looks like an average middle aged woman with an average middle aged figure. I couldn't wear that dress and look as good as she does without heavy duty control undergarments. Rock on Ms. Bornstein!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never heard of her or the show.  The dress is certainly not a good look for her now and even 20 years ago, it would have appeared odd and dated.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

just plain ugly

Honored Contributor

Just no!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I imagine that dress looked good when it was new, pressed and on a youthful figure.  She looks harsh.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Honored Contributor

There's something weird about the dress.  The jacket style doesn't seem to go with the dress style.  I wonder if they really are a set or if she put the two pieces together herself.  

The wrap jacket would have looked chic worn as a top with a  long black skirt.

The dress would have looked better with a bra, but I think the best option is to put it out of its misery.

Honored Contributor

Love the show, disliked the dress even before I knew it was a 20 yr old dress

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't care for it at all, but I must say it definitely looks better without the jacket. Like someone else said the jacket doesn't seem to fit with the dress to me...