Honored Contributor

2 MIDLENGTH WIGS WITH "TEXTURE", GREAT FOR ANY AGE

Smooth, fairly flat bob styles were my go-to for years-- my own hair is fine and poker-straight.

With maturity though, I find that texture, layers, and wave are much, much more becoming.  The 'movement' of the hair doesn't drag down the face, just looks lively and interesting.

Here are two wavy, mid-length wig styles demonstrated by the inimitable Heather Hershey.  I love both the color and the style of the "High Impact" by Gabor that she shows.

That "Chocolate Caramel" color is especially versatile-- I could see it looking fab on every ethnicity. It's such a pretty combo of brown, auburn and a little blonde.  There's a little "goldenness" in it, so your skin tone might need to be slightly warm to carry it off, but if so, you could be deep, all the way to fair, and still look great, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWEcD2O6_fo

And here's a choppy, layered style, "Vixen", by Mane Attraction.  It's a standard cap, doesn't have lace front features like "High Impact",  so it's quite affordable.  I'd just trim the nape a bit to make it less shaggy, and more even at the ends all the way around.  Never fear, you wouldn't have to wear it 'pumped up'-- it could be much more smooth if you wanted, but it would still have those crucially flattering layers around the face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cPYm90H8c

Respected Contributor

Re: 2 MIDLENGTH WIGS WITH "TEXTURE", GREAT FOR ANY AGE

@Oznell A few months ago I had layers put back into my bob after spending about a year growing it to all one-length. I'm in my 60's, and that "one-length" cut just made me look tired and dragged my face down. Even my hair looked "tired"!

I asked my stylist to not only layer but to texturize my hair, and I absolutley love it! My hair looks much fuller, I can let the natural wave come through, but I can also flat iron it if I want a bit sleeker look.

It's currently chin-length, but I'm thinking about letting it get a couple of inches longer, while still maintaining the layers & texture. I think the "bob" style is flattering to me, but I like to change it up a bit from time-to-time...longer, shorter, more layers, etc.

Honored Contributor

Sounds just darling, @vermint--  those layers and "life" in the hair are so flattering!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I would NEVER have known these were wigs. WOW.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I completely agree about the texture, layers and waves ...they make all the difference @Oznell, I can almost say that I’m glad I had to resort to wearing hair due to hereditary baldness, because of the endless choices of flattering styles that are available. My only complaint is that I’m running out of hair storage space, as I like to keep them on wig stands so they keep their style.😊

eta..Love Heathers reviews ......her web site is a wonderful resource !

Honored Contributor

Amazing!  They look great!!!Smiley Happy