Honored Contributor

Re: $2,790 EARRINGS ON THE LISA ROBERTSON SHOW TOMORROW NIGHT!

On 5/15/2014 SnuggleBunny said:

I'm getting a pair for the teacher, mail girl, hairdresser, neighbor, UPS person, manicurist, hair dresser, etc. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You took those words right out of my mouth!

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Miranda1550 said:

There is an article in the DAILYMAIL, about Lisa and the stalkers who go on her FACEBOOK page to see her photos. This article made it to one of the morning shows not sure which,. one, GMA, TODAY, or CBS. Her stalkers were esp. fond of her workout clothes, and the cleavage issue was discussed.

Maybe she should not post these pictures. QVC has paid the lawyer fees.

That's not much cleavage, IMO...hardly any, in fact.

The stalkers must go NUTS over Kate Upton...now THAT'S cleavage

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 terrier3 said:
On 5/15/2014 Miranda1550 said:

There is an article in the DAILYMAIL, about Lisa and the stalkers who go on her FACEBOOK page to see her photos. This article made it to one of the morning shows not sure which,. one, GMA, TODAY, or CBS. Her stalkers were esp. fond of her workout clothes, and the cleavage issue was discussed.

Maybe she should not post these pictures. QVC has paid the lawyer fees.

That's not much cleavage, IMO...hardly any, in fact.

The stalkers must go NUTS over Kate Upton...now THAT'S cleavage

There has been a lot of news about her stalkers. When she does the jewelry shows with the more expensive jewelry and has the fancy designer dresses, there is almost always a lot of cleavage. I think too much.

Super Contributor

Well, ladies, enjoy Lisa's final GILI "show" of the season tomorrow night (For those who will be watching it).

OOOPs, edited to add I WOULDN"T be 'tempted' by those almost $3000 button earrings. YIKES!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Luvmycats said:

They look cheap! Sorry, but I wouldn't want/wear a ring or pair of earrings that didn't have ONE center stone- The fact that these are pieced together w/ 4 stones in the center makes them far less expensive than they would be otherwise. I don't care for that look.

Would also never purchase jewelry in that price range from television! Why in the world would anyone buy diamond earrings/rings without holding and seeing them in person- So crazy!

ITA!

Plus I want to know the clarity, etc.. and the Q never gives that info. I can't imagine it would be that good though and I think these are really overpriced considering they probably aren't great clarity and they try to make 4 stones appear to be one. I disagree about not buying something like this off of tv though. I have bought pieces that were more expensive than this off tv and had no problem though. If you don't like it you can always return it. They have much better earrings on Gem Shopping Network. You can get a great pair for that price and if you want nicer more expensive jewelry, they have that too. They have some really great estate jewelry on GSN that I have gotten wonderful deals on. Even my jeweler was impressed with the quality and prices I get from there.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Okay, I am just going to say it. I don't get the distain some people have for anyone with success, money and looks. All that aside, I don't get the distain for anyone who can afford to purchase anything over 20.00 dollars . LOL! Geesh! Anytime anything is sold with a price tag on it, people come in slamming anyone who would spend that kind of money on anything so stupid. Basically, I guess there are only certain items, and certain price points people are allowed to spend before becoming, stupid, incipid and wasteful. It isn't just Lisa, it is anyone of celebrity ( or not) who spends any money. It is almost a class predjudice. If you don't have the money to buy certain things, why slam anyone who can. It isn't your money.

I think the earrings are beautiful Actually the 4 center stones give more detail, 4 identically cut stones can reflect light more than one stone. Not always, but sometimes. Would I buy them? No. I am with the poster who said she would rather travel. That's what I would spend 3,000 on. The earrings are art deco, and sort of a period piece that is timeless. Someone will adore them. People spend thousands on shopping channel jewelry. People know their stuff, check it out and buy accordingly.

I have seen jewelry sold for thousands on QVC. I think they do give you a period to have them inspected, and get a refund if you aren't pleased. The 30 days isn't a "set in stone" law when it comes to some items.

ETA

I don't think people would spend that kind of money to "be like Lisa". I don't think anyone would drop 3,000, to think they would look like her. I hope not! That is just my opinion and nothing else.

Honored Contributor

I have earrings set in square platinum settings with rose cut diamonds tcw. of about 65 points. I've always loved them, ever since my father gave them to me, but upon learning that they look cheap, I feel that I must throw them away. I will miss them.
Trusted Contributor

A purchase like that from a shopping channel is nuts. I'd never trust the quality
Respected Contributor

Cool. I'll buy a couple pairs. Oh, wait. I'm not an earring woman. I'll pass.

Esteemed Contributor

Her earring looks a little heavy and droopy. Or maybe gravity has enlarged her lobe, poor thing.