Esteemed Contributor

Re: 1960 - 1970's Halloween costume

@I am still oxox 

Many years ago, I bought a very large, elaborate Victorian "touring hat"....you know...flowers, feathers and a tulle train.

That was my go to costume for many years.  I just added a all black top and bottom and all people saw was the hat.

I love costume parties!

And, of course, you may not know, my birthday is Halloween!

Honored Contributor

Just found my wig and it is in bad shape, I am going to have my hair blown out, right now it is a short bob so I am just going to get it blown out straight

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Just found my wig and it is in bad shape, I am going to have my hair blown out, right now it is a short bob so I am just going to get it blown out straight

If you don't want to wear the wig, you could wear the same outfit (minus the earings) paint on a mustache and go as sonny.  They wore the same type of clothes.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I was a GS leader for many years which is why I have so many costume pieces, I have an decorated witches hat with beautiful black and red flowers and a few other things

@I am still oxox wrote:

Going to a friends gig at a local restaurant on Thursday night and it is a 60's -70's theme, I have a costume that is polyester and not comfortable 

I need quick thought on what I could possibly put together, I am kind of clueless right now 

Thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I always loved going as a Hippie in the early to mid 70's.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  Can you get a hold of a long black hair wig?  Go as Cher.  If is has bell bottoms that would be perfect.  I never read other threads before I write mine but after I wrote this one, I see there are other Chers.  How about getting a long night gown and a cotton shower cap and carry a the round base candle holder w/candle and you can be a sleep walker.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thanks but the party has a themr60s and 70s so I am putting together what I have around and adding a fringed vest and that will be it 

Honored Contributor

Have a great time!!

Peace & Love Hippie Women's Costume

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Just found a black tie dye top in the closet, it should work very well with the whole outfit