Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not exactly sure which joggers you are talking about but I suspect they are the brand Splendid?  There are also joggers more expensive than that being sold on QVC that are 100% cashmere and I believe Side Stitch joggers are more expensive as well.

I think it is the Side Stitch ones: A383842 for for $130.50.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not exactly sure which joggers you are talking about but I suspect they are the brand Splendid?  There are also joggers more expensive than that being sold on QVC that are 100% cashmere and I believe Side Stitch joggers are more expensive as well.

Sometimes i wonder if anyone gets out into retail stores.  Splendid is available outside of QVC and those joggers are $30.00 more on their own website.  

I wouldn't spend that on joggers but I wouldn't spend $13.00 on joggers because I don't like them.  But there are joggers at all price points on QVC.  Buy what you want to buy or buy nothing if you find it all too much.  

There are clothes that are a heck of a lot more expensive out in retail than what QVC sells and there are clothes that are a heck of a lot cheaper out in retail.  And some things you can find on sale elsewhere for cheaper than the item is being sold for on QVC.  But just because you are I or anyone else thinks that is too much money for joggers doesn't mean others feel the same way.  I have a relative who wouldn't give a thought to spending $130.00 on a pair of joggers and has.  She can afford it.  It's her money and not my business.  

@Lipstickdiva  I believe op was talking about the Side Stitch joggers for $130.  I thought they were cute.

Honored Contributor

There are all sorts of products available so many places that I don't think I'd want even if I had lots of extra money just lying around cluttering my life. 

As far as who should get to try to sell those products???  I'd say whatever company thinks they might be able to as least when it comes to expensive joggers.  They're not a danger to me even if ha;f of my neighborhood were to decide to wear them -  and I doubt anyone is going tp sell such a huge number of them as to add to our already endagered landfills.

Honored Contributor

You really think every woman in the entire country's financial situation is exactly like yours???  Don't you understand how ridiculous that is?  $130 might be a lot of money for pair of pants for you and for me but it isn't for many women.  There are women who look at price like that and buy three of them because the price is so inexpensive for them.  I understand that QVC might be too expensive for you now but QVC isn't the only retailer around.  QVC isn't going to become what it was 35 years ago, that just isn't going to happen.  Don't whine about it, just shop with the retailers  that fit your budget.  There are plenty of them!

Respected Contributor

Re: $130 joggers?

[ Edited ]

I'd be upset if the only joggers offered were $130, but that's not the case.

Some brands cost more than others and QVC is making sure they cater to customers on various levels, with joggers in the $20 range and the $100+ range. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

If you don't want $130 joggers, don't buy them. No one is forcing you to buy $130 joggers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

I don't think so!!!  Never seen anything like this on QVC in the 20-30 years I have been shopping on the Q.  Perhaps this is why their sales are so down.  And also pretty much only expensive designer jewelry (which I purchase sparsely; nothing like years ago when I routinely purchased from affordable silver style, etc.)  Just in my humble opinion as a LONG TIME QVC SHOPPER, I sure wish they would go back to their roots. While I understand all prices have gone up in 20-30 years, I am sure they can still find and present much more often affordable sterling silver (as evidenced on recent BBSD) and not rely so heavily on expensive sterling designers, get back to  their roots with affordable and yet IN STYLE clothing, not mundane D&C, etc., and on and on.  QVC has abandoned what brought them to the dance and prices are not competitive for their client base and where they shop, and also some of the show hosts are not real watchable and genuine, don't relate to their client base with their babbling and  staring at themselves in the cameras. Retail times are tough and different, but I sure wish QVC would go back to what attracted me to them in the first place, affordable vendors like Lee Sands as just one example. He proably it not in the business any more, but I am sure there are others out there like him, not over the time expensive like new vendors they continue to parade in and usually end up one and done.

Great post....i couldn't have said it better.....

Honored Contributor

When it comes to electronics, housewares and beauty products the Q sells national brands widely available but often at a discount because of the volume they're able to sell in a short period and/or with convenient interest free payments. 

When it comes to clothing the majority of your nationally reknowned labels that sell here are manufacturing exclusively for QVC......I will spend what may seem exhorbitant to others, on clothing items, elsewhere but I'm hesitant to do it on ANY shopping channel....

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@just wonder  In a word, INSANE.  I laughed outloud when I saw this.

Who makes or decides on the prices for items especially the clothes on this site? When you hear chatter by the 'designers' here when they're on showing/selling their stuff, they sometimes make comments on the prices when they go on sale, are marked down for clearance etc as if "oh my, what a bargain". So I'm not sure if they get involved in the pricing of their goods or not. If they do not, and/or are not consulted on how much they think their goods should sell for, then it would follow that the folks who work for qvc decide on the prices.

Do the staffers here do research on prices in B&M to determine the prices of goods here? Do they at all even think the prices here are competitive with B&M price points? I mean seriously, they have lost their minds if this is the case.

Prices here YEARS ago were very competitive w/B&M but they certainly are not now nor have they been for years. I suupose staffers here think even with easy pay and occasional free s/h makes their HIGH prices more appealing to us or help us out buying here. This is not ata ll true.

There is not one so-called designer here who brings goods like clothes for instance that are different, nicer, better made, better fabrics, great styles that render the insanely high prices plus s/h plus tax on what they bring here to sell. Anyting sold here we can find in B&M for 1/4 of the prices. Prices here all for the sake of convenience of not driving to a B&M does not at all make up for getting in our car and driving somewhere.

Selling joggers for $130.00 plus s/h plus tax by no means makes up for driving and supporting our local B&M stores - and these joggers are ONLY ONE item for example.

@PINKdogWOOD   I don't ever expect to see 40% off full price merchandise like BR's email today or 15% off all beauty + free shipping from Belk's. That's why unless Q has something I can't purchase anywhere else, I shop elsewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't understand why anyone cares what others spend their money on or make snarky comments when they disagree with what others chooses to buy.  What about Dooney $400 handbags that sell out, or Barefoot Dreams?  FYI  The joggers are from Splendid which according to their site "Splendid offers premium casual clothes for Women and kids that effortlessly combine super-soft, comfortable fabrics with on-trend styles."  They have 9 high end B&M stores.   

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I just don't understand why anyone cares what others spend their money on or make snarky comments when they disagree with what others chooses to buy.  What about Dooney $400 handbags that sell out, or Barefoot Dreams?  FYI  The joggers are from Splendid which according to their site "Splendid offers premium casual clothes for Women and kids that effortlessly combine super-soft, comfortable fabrics with on-trend styles."  They have 9 high end B&M stores.   

I assumed the Side Stitch ones, because of their $130.50 price and the fact that they were featured on Fashion's Night In last night, but it's good to know that there are LOTS of expensive joggers available! Smiley Happy