Esteemed Contributor

Barefoot Dreams isn't the first robe/lounge brand to be expensive. For an example: Josie Natori robes are in the $100 and up range at some of the department stores where her line is sold. 

I shop for robes a lot because I love them, and they are my around the house loungewear.  I find that unless it's a sale, or in a discount store, most of the robes in department stores are $70 to $90, with a few in excess of $100.    

Honored Contributor

I LOVE my Barefoot Dreams robe!  I bought one at Nordstrom.  It was only $70 plus tax on their Anniv. Sale!--well worth it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

What the heck is it with people and prices..????   Anyone who has ever shopped anywhere knows full well that all merchandise, whatever it is comes at various price points.  And we all know you can't judge quality by picture.  That's just lol funny.  No doubt there are $7.00 robes out there somewhere and no doubt there are $700.00 robes.  $126 might seem expensive to you but that's just you.  A $126 robe is dirt cheap bargain for someone else.  So, no.  It's not at all crazy. 

ITA

I used to think the knock offs were super nice, but after wearing my Barefoot one, I now know differently.  Nothing in that price point compares.

Respected Contributor

I agree with that being ridiculously high for a robe, but this isn't something I wear so it's not even tempting.  I have tossed many robes over the years so I know better than ever buying another one, no matter what the price.

Respected Contributor

Lori Goldstein's plush robe from last year is super hyper plush for 1/3 the price.  And I'm the princess and the pea!

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I agree with that being ridiculously high for a robe, but this isn't something I wear so it's not even tempting.  I have tossed many robes over the years so I know better than ever buying another one, no matter what the price.

I love robes.  I wear them every day!

Respected Contributor

Re: $126 polyester robe

[ Edited ]

I am happy to pay up for great quality. That does not include polyester.

Honored Contributor

Re: $126 polyester robe

[ Edited ]

Whenever we have a thread about polyester I am reminded, not all polyesters are created equal. (ly) More often than not, I'd rather have a synthetic robe I can launder and not worry.  I've had cotton robes, wool robes and cashmere robes.  A cotton robe shrunk in the wash.  The wool and cashmere robes had to be dry cleaned and pilled terribly.

Whether or not this $126 polyester robe is overpriced is subjective.  I remember buying my mother a Vanity Fair velour robe in 1974. It was $70.  That seemed like a lot of money.  (but she wanted it for Christmas)  She died within a few months so I inherited that robe.  I wore it for 25+ years.

You can almost always make a purchase at a price point where you are comfortable.  I never understand the need to complain about items you have no intention  buying.